PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Air Con problem

jimmyg
08-06-2009, 03:44 PM
Hi,
I am hoping someone can help. I have an 05 plate golf plus and the A/C has stopped working. I have had the gas charge levels checked by a local garage and this is not the problem. Does anyone know where i could find the fuse/relays for the A/C system?

Any help would be really, really appreciated!!!

Thanks.

daclyn
29-03-2010, 05:58 PM
Golf Plus 1.9 tdi 55 Plate.

(Went in to Halfords for a FREE Air Con Gas Check. They said it looks OK).

I have same problem with the Air Con. When the car was purchased I did not realize that it had Air Con as our previous car had

Climatic Control.

I am taking the car into the VW Dealership this week for a FREE inspection. Have only done 30K (20k when purchased).

Will update forum on out come.

daclyn
04-04-2010, 03:54 PM
Visited VW main dealer and they gave the car a complete check.

Air Con was OK (I now know how to set it).

They plugged Vag Com and found that 2 Glow Plugs needed replacement.

All this for FREE, Thank you VW Stourbridge WM. (we bought the car from this

Dealer):D

daclyn
04-04-2010, 03:59 PM
"jimmyg"

I have the drawings for the Golf Plus fuses panels. Send me your email

and I will scan them for you.;)

VAGMAN54
04-04-2010, 04:20 PM
did they do a full a/c check for you or just look at the pressures ? the only way you know how much gas is in the system is to completely drain it and weigh the gas otherwise its just a guess...if they have check for power at the compressor 1st

daclyn
04-04-2010, 07:03 PM
I waited while the car was looked at, they did not empty it. So just a pressure test.

(Halfords did not understand the readings they were getting and also they expected a click and a drop in engine revs).

The VW engineer said the the Air Con System Runs at 10% approx when you select "E-CON" so always circulating gas so no

audible click.

VAGMAN54
04-04-2010, 08:24 PM
oh dear so it was just a guess really,a lot of systems work like that now they are variable displacement compressors so you wont always hear a click only real way is to do it properly as pressure will give an idea if the comp is working but it may not have enough gas to reach the correct pressure on the high side so you may not get any cooling in the car,best to start at the beginning with somebody who knows what there doing.....

daclyn
11-04-2010, 08:16 AM
After running the Air Con for a week I don't get the "cooling" compared to my previous Passat B5 climate control.

Am I expecting to much or how can I fix it.:1zhelp:

VAGMAN54
11-04-2010, 08:53 AM
get a regas done for a start and go from there