PDA

View Full Version : Electric Window Issues

brown
08-06-2009, 03:39 PM
Hi, I got myself (last week) a 1995 2.0E coupe. From my understanding thats the 8v engine?
My problem is that my elecy windows are a bit intermittant. One minute they will work fine the next they wont. Whats the most likely problem?
Oh and what would the standard tire pressure be?

Sorry theres so many questions........lol

brown
09-06-2009, 09:54 AM
Cheers for that, I'll give that a go at the weekend then, got to fit a new thermastat anyway so will have a good look at it in the dry of a garage.
Blooooooodey weather!

kernowk
16-06-2009, 06:40 PM
I have the same problem on mine and traced it back to the window relay under the steering wheel, its a huge one. Audi want about 140 pounds for a new one so i took it out re soldered connections and works ok now. Sometimes it needs a quick squeeze to work so i moved it into where the bonnet pull is with a zip tie!

b3coupe
16-06-2009, 10:09 PM
I had the same problem with my 95 v6 coupe, the problem was traced to the relay No 363 under the dash driver side, got a new one of ebay £9.99
No more problems

brown
17-06-2009, 09:30 AM
Problem is all solved. It was a solder on the board that had failed and cracked. One touch of solder and its all fixed!!

I have heard that hesitation in acceleration may be caused by a similiar thing for the ECU voltage anyone know about this??
Heres the quote:

"http://www.audi-forums.com/images/icons/icon1.gif Put You Out Of Your Misery!
Hi guys, I hope I can shed some light on this. I had kangerooing with my 93 2.0E and replaced loads of pipes sensors and all sorts.
It turned out to be the ECU voltage supply relay mopunted either under the steering wheel or the passanger glove box. I soldered mine to fix the dry joint or they cost about £10 from VW Audi and the problem was cured instantly.

Hope this is useful - I wish I knew this before as I spent £70 on diagnostics before chancing upon an knowledgable Audi buff!!!

Anyhow, I've now have some lovely new pipes and sensors!!!
Stephen"

Thoughts anyone?