PDA

View Full Version : Chorus Audio System + iPod Dock

warhelmet
08-06-2009, 12:38 PM
Newbie and all that... Mrs W has a 2009 A3 Sportback with the Chorus audio system and an iPod dock. Ah, it's a company lease car... Unfortunately, I don't have the A3 or its manuals in front of me, so forgive me if I ask some stupid questions.

I understand the limitations of the Chorus treating the iPod as a CD charger. Frankly, if I'd known, I would have dissauded Mrs W for specifying an iPod dock. An AUX input would be all that was needed. Is there an AUX input hiding somewhere or has the iPod dock replaced it? I've looked in the A3 but not spotted one, but that might be me.

The limitations are driving Mrs W nuts! The situation has been compounded by hiring a Golf on holiday, which did have AUX in and we used the iPod in it.

Also, even accepting the limitations of the Chorus, the iPod dock gives no end of trouble. Even with the correct adaptor, vibration causes the iPod to come out of the dock. Now, although the iPod will power up in the dock, the Chorus doesn't want to recognise the iPod. I think some heavy handedness on the part of Mrs. W may have damaged the dock or the iPod. I've got another iPod somewhere, but I'll have to dig it out.

onemanparty
08-06-2009, 08:57 PM
AUX in should be in the centre console but what model do you have SE, Sport or Sline