PDA

View Full Version : Attention Warranty Periods - Your Entitlement

Y Pocket
08-06-2009, 07:55 AM
Dear All,

I had my head gasket replaced by an Audi garage just under two years ago and it failed recently.

I checked the receipt for the warranty period and it stated one year or 12000 miles. With this information I instructed the garage where the car was to begin work.

The garage asked me for the phone number of the Audi garage that had done the work so I went to the Audi website to get it and whilst there found that in fact Audi offer a 2 YEAR PARTS AND LABOUR WARRANTY.

As soon as I found this I contacted the Audi garage that had done the original work and was told that becasuse another garage had begun work I was entitled to nothing. Audi UK said they would stand by whatever the franchised garage said and I was entitled to nothing.

Has anyone else been caught out by this?

I had the work done at Stansted Audi, can anyone else check the back of receipts they have from other franchises to see what warranty period they offer?

REMEBER EVERYONE, IGNORE WHAT IT MAY SAY ON THE RECIEPT, YOU HAVE A TWO YEAR PARTS AND LABOUR WARRANTY ON WORK CARRIED OUT BY AUDI GARAGES, TELL YOUR AUDI OWNING FREINDS.

Please let me know if you have been caught out in a similar way.....

tlionhart
08-06-2009, 11:08 AM
whats the link to the bit where it says 2 yrs? My only understanding of that is it is on a used car you get 2yrs service. (current deal) However there may be a bit on the site (which i can't find) so please place us the link :)

Y Pocket
08-06-2009, 01:04 PM
In response to tlionhart, the link describing the 2 year "parts and labour" warranty on work carried out at Audi is below.

http://www.audi.co.uk/audi/uk/en2/owners_area/Servicing_with_Audi/Why_choose_Audi_Technicians/Customer_Experience_Improvement.html

Note that is does not cover wear and tear, but thats to be expected.