PDA

View Full Version : Cruise Control + Mirror Query

adamcoomber
08-06-2009, 07:02 AM
Hi

I have a question about the cruise control I have a Jetta SE with a standard computer. In the manual it states that the + and – cruise control adjustment increase or decrease the speed by 1 mile an hour. Pressing the + or – does increase and decrease the speed but by no where near 1 mile an hour it takes 4 or 5 presses to reach 1 mile an hour. Do you know if this can be adjusted to make it more sensitive?

Also the passenger rear view mirror on the high line computer you can set it to dip when you select reverse? With the standard computer can this setting be made by a dealer using the WAG COM software?

Thanks

Adam

01V5
29-06-2009, 09:48 AM
To my knowledge, the book is wrong regarding the cruse speed buttons.

On my Jetta (MY08 TDi), i've found that the + or - buttons don't represent an actual speed increase or decrease value. Basically, you hold the desired button for as long as you need to until you've reached the speed you're happy with.

As for the dipping mirror; this feature will only be present if your car has rear parking sensors (sorry, i'm not sure of the equipment level on UK spec cars). If you car does have rear parking sensors, the mirror knob must be in the L (or passenger side) position for it to activate. You must set the desired direction of the mirror while the car is in reverse so every time you do but it in reverse, the mirror will automatically dip to that preset position. The mirror will then reset to normal driving position once you've reached 15km/h.

I hope this has helped you.