PDA

View Full Version : Passat TDI SPort - Radio & 80mph problems

pbriggs
03-04-2007, 04:03 PM
Hello

Iv just bought an 05 passat (old shape) Tdi sport with 19k miles , got two problems and wondered if youve encountered these previously:
When sitting at 80 on the motorway it feels as though the car is not running as smoothly as it should but running a tad lumpy, no excess noise and tried on a variety of motorways,
Also, my radio keeps switching itself off, replaced a blown fuse 30 days ago and its happended twice in the past two weeks (while waiting for VW to get me in on warranty).
Is there anything I should be aware of or insist they change/replace before it exceeds warranty or any recalls on this one?

Cheers:1zhelp:

squeeguk
06-04-2007, 12:35 AM
Do you mean the ride is lumpy?

I have noticed this on my '53 Sport on certain surfaces. I can only gather it's due to the siffer sports suspension?? Maybe the experts can help.

On mine the engine seems particularly rough. This also affects the smoothness of the car, especially between 1500 and 2000 rpm.

Cheers

RickT
06-04-2007, 01:48 AM
if the ride.. ie body of the car feels lumpy at 80mph the rear wheels will need balancing before you even investigate anything..

On the A4 you need to balance the rear wheels otherwise you get a virbation, lumpy ride..

A lot of tyre fitters dont balance the rear wheels on cars as it does not make much differance.. however on the VAG stuff it does..

Do that first... it will only cost you a tenner at the most.. and at least you have ruled out an common issue..

If engine related.. please advise in more detail.

RicKT

yaktrebor
08-04-2007, 08:03 PM
My 53 130TDI Sport is very lumpy on tick-over and a bit rough throught the rev range, compard to my old 110TDI.

Any ideas?

squeeguk
09-04-2007, 10:02 AM
My 53 130TDI Sport is very lumpy on tick-over and a bit rough throught the rev range, compard to my old 110TDI.

Any ideas?

No ideas. My 53 is exactly the same. The blokes at VW reckon that's normal. I find that hard to believe, cos if they were that rough normally, they would never have sold as many as they did, it does feel extremely agricultural.

Mine is in the shop at the moment. I have told them to keep it until it's right or they can keep it for good. By Bora 130 TDi was much smoother and quieter.

Cheers