PDA

View Full Version : Can you get a electric tilting sunroof on an audi s5?

alex875
07-06-2009, 07:10 PM
can anyone shed some light on this please.

just looked at a black s5 great car full of spec, and it has a glass tilting sunroof which ive not seen before. mercedes are selling it someone traded it in.

ive just been looking at the audi uk website and you cant have a sunroof as an extra.

But on middle east audi site it comes as standerd. what do you think will it be ok or not?

the cars on a uk 57 plate and looks right and a main dealer mercs selling it.

any advice would be good thanks

hashluck
29-06-2009, 10:17 AM
Yes you could see the rare option of a sunroof on a UK car. It was available on early cars but then pulled as an option.

uncleTom
29-06-2009, 10:52 AM
The latest UK spec (Edition 7.0 on back page) shows the "Electric tilt panoramic sun roof" for GBP 830 available for all A5 versions except Standard.

mikeyi
18-07-2009, 10:22 AM
I'm looking at new A5 and would dearly like sunroof option, the brochure I've just received from audi is dated May 09 Edition 6.0 for MY2010 but no sunroof option listed despite a picture of sunroof on p39?? Is the edition 7.0 referred to by uncleTom S5 specific or have I been sent outdated brochure depsite May issue date?

My company car on line configurator (from Masterlease) is also consistent with the brochure I have, i.e. no sunroof option on any model.

uncleTom
18-07-2009, 11:40 AM
Version 7.0 is download-able from the Audi UK website. Go to www.audi.co.uk (http://www.audi.co.uk), click on A5 on the bar at the top, look for the "Price and Spec Guide" link and click on that. It's a 5MB+ download of a PDF file but it shows "Electric tilt panoramic glass sunroof" available for all models (A5 and S5) except the standard version A5.

I guess that there is a usual delay before dealers get printed versions of the latest specs.

Neerazan
28-07-2009, 12:31 PM
For reference though, the factory sunroof that was available (and is now available again) is ONLY a tilt roof. It does not slide.