PDA

View Full Version : A6 tdi search

audiblair
07-06-2009, 06:24 PM
currently in the market for a n A6 avant with a 2.0 tdi engine. Hearing stories of dual mass flywheel issues/ oil consumption should i be overly concerned? Or should i be focusing my attentions on a 2.7 tdi. Any thought or opinions gratefully received good or bad.

JimC64
08-06-2009, 12:08 AM
Hey there, had mine around 2 years now and covered 60k approx. Love it to bits I have to say, a beautifulk car to drive. Had mine remapped to 176bhp nearer the 2.7 figures I guess and deffo better.
I've had the coolant loos issue / non start etc possibly related to a cracked / porous cylinder head - known issus on the earlier 2.0 tdi's I believe.
Don't know about the mass flywheeel issue but mine certainly used plenty of oil initially although this has calmed down......still uses a small amount though although this is considered normal.
For my money if I had to do it again I'd go at least 2.7 or preferably the 3.0 quattro.

Good luck with whatever choice you make

Jim

audiblair
08-06-2009, 05:33 PM
Hello thanks for the post . Was the coolant loss issue fixed under warranty? or did you have to fork out? What is Audis attitude like toward known issues, are they sympathetic or do you have to fight for the right outcome! i.e for them to foot the bill.

JimC64
09-06-2009, 12:05 AM
I have to be honest, my particular dealership have been fantastic with any warranty problems presented to them...really top notch and I can't recommend them highly enough.
As for the coolant loss - they had the car in for 4 days or so to check the non start issue and couldn't replicate it. The coolant pressure test also seemed fine so no further action taken at this time.
I have however, recorded this with them now on at least 3 separate occasions and will continue to do so, so that if or when the engine goes bang and is out of warranty I can then trace the issue back to a time when the problems began and the car was in the warranty period - If that makes sense?
As for their attitude towards known issues - I've had more than a few parts replaced either under warranty / goodwill from the dealer with little / no problems.

Jim

Slaine
10-06-2009, 02:15 PM
currently in the market for a n A6 avant with a 2.0 tdi engine. Hearing stories of dual mass flywheel issues/ oil consumption should i be overly concerned? Or should i be focusing my attentions on a 2.7 tdi. Any thought or opinions gratefully received good or bad.
I've very recently bought a 2.7 Quattro and have been hugely impressed with it.

I had a test drive of the two litre diesel and it felt pretty underpowered to me. The first gear just about got you moving and then you had to change up. The rest of the car was great but it has taken me a couple of months to find a 2.7TDi for the right price.

I've only had it for a week so I can't answer any reliability or cost questions but my initial response is VERY positive.

The only downside is the limited phone capabilities unless you have one of the few Audi supported phones. A real pity as the bluetooth connection is fantastic. That's the only thing that I'm not impressed with thus far.

mission66
10-06-2009, 08:28 PM

Ive had my a6 avant 2006 avant 2.0tdi since Feb this year and its had a full clutch and flywheel replaced under warranty with only 29k on the clock as well as a tandem pump. Ive had no probs with audi doingthe warranty work, gave me a scare in case they said the clutch was driver related, they quoted just short of 800 quid if it was.
Love the car though.