PDA

View Full Version : Central locking and vag com

stephenwhite990
07-06-2009, 01:47 PM
I have interegated my car (a4 2.5 v6 tdi 1999) with vag com and I want the car horn to beep when I lock it and I want the car to lock itself at 15mph this is the info from ross tech "A4 pre-1998 with Delta radio and anti-theft system
Standard Coding: 03468
A4 pre-1998 with Delta radio, anti-theft system and keyless entry
Standard Coding: 12172
A4 1998+ with Concert/Symphony radio and anti-theft system
Standard Coding: 03340
S4, A4 1998+ with Concert/Symphony radio, anti-theft system and keyless entry
Standard Coding: 16140 "
My coding is set at 06325 which doesnt match anything ????? Help would be greatly appreciated .
I also have an intermittant fault on an abs sensor , I know this is a common problem and the fault code says it is a bad connaction, is there a common place for this bad connection to be , ie under the wheel arch or on the sensor itself ?????? Cheers guys, Also I cant get the vag com to read the airbag module as my light is on on the dash , why wont vag com read it ????

T5 TDI
08-06-2009, 04:28 PM
I don't know if it's the same on Audi's but on VW's the changes you are looking for are usually done by adaptions. I've done it lots of times. Find out which controller works them (it's probably the convenience module) and click 'Adaptions'. Scroll through the channels until you see the options you are looking for then switch them on/off. You probably won't be able to do this if your vag-com isn't fully registered. No need to change the instruments coding for those particular changes.

Sparky69
23-06-2009, 04:13 PM
Hi Doe's anyone have any experience the 'adaptions' i've recently changed my convenience module in my audi A4 but im told i need to set the adaptions correctly to recognise my coded key fobs. The problem i have is that with VAG COM i can't change anu values in adaptions, i get an error saying my software is not recognised, which it is. However if i plug my old module back in i'm able to get into that section..

Confused..:(

Anyone got any ideas?

Many thanks

CDPDesign
05-08-2009, 03:00 PM
I did a similar thing on my mk5 Golf. If you are in my area I cna have a go with VAG COM if you like...

Sparky69
05-08-2009, 04:46 PM
Hi there,

Thanks very kind of you to offer, but im not so sure its a problem with my VAGCOM but possibly a faulty module. Im able to change the values in my old module but not the new secondhand unit.