PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed please

alex875
07-06-2009, 11:25 AM
Hi Guys

Any advice here would be good.

yesterday i put a £500 deposit down on an audi s5 lovely car just what i wanted. from an audi dealer aswell.

then last night i looked on you tube to see some reviews of the s5 only to see my car going round a track sideways on fifth gear. and others programes which stunned me a little.

this morning i phoned the dealer and said do you know why my new car is going side ways round a track on fith gear to which he replied. no i never knew so sorry will ring you tomorrow with answers.

it all makes sense now why it had a service early. so what do i do? do i barter? leave it and get money back? or be happy that bird from fifth gear been in my seat.

cheers

elvismiggell
07-06-2009, 11:46 AM
I would say that there's every chance that if it's second hand, someone somewhere has caned it at somepoint.

I'd ask some pretty pointed questions about the service, check it's all ok, and have a cheeky go at getting the price down.

And then boast to everyone that you bought your car from Vicki Butler Henderson... :approve:

sr-performance
07-06-2009, 12:09 PM
Hope it's leather interior so it's wipe clean..... he he..:beerchug:

alex875
07-06-2009, 12:24 PM
Just spoke to dealer again i asked for extended warranty. i think he might do it we will see tomorrow.

The thing is the car has been a press car so i guess every one who has driven it has hammerd it?

elvismiggell
07-06-2009, 02:33 PM
What mileage is it? I suppose it may not have been broken in very well. I don't know too much about the long term implications of that I'm afraid.

Think I'd rather have an ex-press car than an ex-hire car!

alex875
07-06-2009, 05:46 PM
Hi Its done 18500 miles on an 07 plate. im going to tell them to keep it.

its been tracked on how many occasions? with the miles who knows.

any way ive found a phantum black one with more spec im going to go for

cheers

Panzerdriver
07-06-2009, 06:47 PM
Good move even with that small mileage if anybody else has been giving it the large one then what will go pop first????

Better safe than sorry even if has had VBH's backside on the drivers seat. (What a dirty laugh she has got :naughty::naughty::naughty:)

alex875
07-06-2009, 07:03 PM
can anyone shed some light on this please.

just looked at a black s5 great car full of spec, and it has a glass tilting sunroof which ive not seen before. mercedes are selling it someone traded it in.

ive just been looking at the audi uk website and you cant have a sunroof as an extra.

But on middle east audi site it comes as standerd. what do you think will it be ok or not?

the cars on a uk 57 plate and looks right and a main dealer mercs selling it.

any advice would be good thanks

RickT
07-06-2009, 09:36 PM
Hi Guys

Any advice here would be good.

yesterday i put a £500 deposit down on an audi s5 lovely car just what i wanted. from an audi dealer aswell.

then last night i looked on you tube to see some reviews of the s5 only to see my car going round a track sideways on fifth gear. and others programes which stunned me a little.

this morning i phoned the dealer and said do you know why my new car is going side ways round a track on fith gear to which he replied. no i never knew so sorry will ring you tomorrow with answers.

it all makes sense now why it had a service early. so what do i do? do i barter? leave it and get money back? or be happy that bird from fifth gear been in my seat.

cheers

Is it this video..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRk-j91Po8c

i would more than likley keep away from it, its been driven pretty hard to the limit for most of its life i think!

Rick

clive30v
08-06-2009, 02:28 AM
Would leave well alone if it were my call. Would be like taking your chances down a back ally with some hooker or taking your wife....Least you know where your wifes been! Cant put a price on peace of mind.

elvismiggell
08-06-2009, 08:15 AM
Least you know where your wifes been!

Not from what I've heard fnar fnar :biglaugh:

Seriously though, man has a point. Like I say the only advantage is that Audi have probably kept a fair eye on it, would be pretty embarrassing if a press car kept letting them down.

But yeah, I guess on the balance of probability, especially if you cxan get another one for the same price, leave it.

Black Phantom
08-06-2009, 09:33 AM
If you go for the red car then I'll make you an offer for the driver's seat cushion.:naughty:

UltraViolet
08-06-2009, 12:13 PM
I've been on more than one press day, and I personally wouldn't buy an ex-press car. I would buy an ex-hire before ex-press.

They do get a lot of abuse. Not just the track stuff, just the severe testing which given the need to review, is fair enough...... but they are often very tired afterwards, and certainly not worth the same. Naughty of the dealer as they should have known it was ex-press.

MalcQV
09-06-2009, 09:00 AM
can anyone shed some light on this please.

just looked at a black s5 great car full of spec, and it has a glass tilting sunroof which ive not seen before. mercedes are selling it someone traded it in.

ive just been looking at the audi uk website and you cant have a sunroof as an extra.

But on middle east audi site it comes as standerd. what do you think will it be ok or not?

the cars on a uk 57 plate and looks right and a main dealer mercs selling it.

any advice would be good thanks

Look at the service book, find out which Audi dealer sold it and phone them. Query the sunroof option.

alex875
09-06-2009, 10:54 AM
Hi guys thanks for all your help.

it was the car someone uploaded on here. ive bought the black one now its mint loads of spec found out its a uk car and the panaramic roof was an exclusive extra happy days eh.

just cant wait to pick it up now and get all horned up over it lol

cheers

onemanparty
09-06-2009, 11:55 AM
This would be a next Press Office car. They are Serviced regularly I do not see a Problem if it has had a service because of AVS

I bet the dealer has no idea what the car was used for?

Spyros
09-06-2009, 10:57 PM
I wouldn't go anywhere near a press car if I were you. It will have spent the first part of it's life on the track when it should have been gently run in and it will also have been hammered from cold by every journalist trying to put it through it's paces as you can imagine. There's no amount of servicing that can account for that and even if feels ok now further down the line it will cost you.

An extended warranty generally wont cover wear and tear either so will be next to worthless imo.