PDA

View Full Version : wish I had known

yasmin
03-04-2007, 11:32 AM
Some interesting points for anyone interested in a Q 7
It’s a really great drive, but there are a few negatives which I wish I had known about before I bought one.

The side mirrors have a terrible blind spot and the pillars alongside the front windscreen obstruct vision when turning. I used to drive a Toyota Prado before this, and the visibility was far superior in that car .

The panoramic glass roof makes the car interior warmer by 15 %, even if you close the interior blinds.

The storage space in the glove compartment is pathetically small and there is no storage space in the centre console either. The car has a holder for sunglasses (in the roof above the rearview mirror) but you would never get an a pair of adult sized sunglasses into it.

My car is 3 weeks old and I’m already having trouble with the electric controls for the seat adjustment. The car will have to be taken in to the workshop to have it repaired.

The sound system lacks an aux input plug and one cannot connect an ipod to the sound system, unless you buy the special adapter from Audi , which costs about the same price as another ipod ! The CD player does not read MP3 discs either.

The Bluetooth car kit is not fully compatible with a Nokia N 73 (it allows making and receiving calls but cannot access the phonebook and SMS’s), but it works perfectly well with my wife’s Nokia 6230i.

SLEACH
11-06-2007, 10:58 PM
Did You Not Think About Lane Change Assist For The Blind Spot?

Ben
12-06-2007, 03:58 PM
The side mirrors have a terrible blind spot and the pillars alongside the front windscreen obstruct vision when turning. I used to drive a Toyota Prado before this, and the visibility was far superior in that car .

Did you not notice this on the test drive?:confused:

My car is 3 weeks old and I’m already having trouble with the electric controls for the seat adjustment. The car will have to be taken in to the workshop to have it repaired..
Foc on warranty

The sound system lacks an aux input plug and one cannot connect an ipod to the sound system, unless you buy the special adapter from Audi , which costs about the same price as another ipod !

Why didn't you specify the ipod dock when you ordered the car?:confused:

The CD player does not read MP3 discs either.

Yes, I agree, this is very annoying.:zx11:

The Bluetooth car kit is not fully compatible with a Nokia N 73 (it allows making and receiving calls but cannot access the phonebook and SMS’s), but it works perfectly well with my wife’s Nokia 6230i

I didn't know the Q7 came with a qwerty steering wheel option. LOL:biglaugh:
Is it a nokia car kit?