PDA

View Full Version : VW Polo 1.4CL (S reg) Help needed..

saty2007
03-04-2007, 11:13 AM
Hi all,

i wanted to question my judgement on owners of vw polo 1.4CL veichles, as i have had alot of problems with mine. Firstly, i did not know this but the valves are hydraulic which i was told by my garage as it sounds like a diesel (wanted to find out if i could make the engine more quiet) but it goes to work fine at the moment (M62 leeds from hudds) 5 days a week... theres no way i could make the engine more quiet, unless i keep adding additives.

The car has lost power as i accelerate it holds the power back and then comes at one moment and struggles... what problem could this be... ?? its baffling me silly at the moment. For a 1.4CL it should be alot more quicker. Does anyone know how i can make this car more faster, as it drives like a tractor.

I have been told to get a compression test on the car, as it will pinpoint any problems at this stage within the engine.

The car seems to be consuming more oil than before, dont know why... its also a problem, other than that... the central locking on the drivers door is not working.... what more can i say... any help appreciated.

car lacking power,
engine consuming oil more frequently,
noisy engine.

:aargh4: please reply with your knowledge of such problems... :1zhelp:
thanks.

saty2007
18-04-2007, 03:07 PM
Just had my exhaust replaced at present, but when i accelerate it sounds like a brhhhhhhh (loud noise), I have notified a mechanic who will diagnose the problem for me.

1 lacking power
2 engine eating oil
3 drivers door not locking (goes down when key used and then up again. (micro switch problem).

:zx11: will find out what caused the faults but it is wise to buy a haynes manual to fault find.... worthy purchase.

bye folks.