PDA

View Full Version : Fuel gauge shows empty

krishcanag
05-06-2009, 06:40 PM
Hello Audi A6 2.7TDi SE 2006 Multitronic I found suddendly between morning and afternoon my fuel gauge went down to re-fuel level, so I did (full tank) but when I restarted, nothing, empty and stayed that awy to 3 days. Then then went and put full tank again and then it came up up and has been working since then a 2 days, waiting to see if when it is at 1/3 level it goes down fast to zero. Now inbetween, while it was not working, took it to audi and they said "fuel sender" not working, need to change whole fuel pump unit and it is within fuel pump. Can this be correct? cheers krish

a8 tech
05-06-2009, 08:10 PM
yes you need the fuel tank sender and possible sw update for dash insert,don't try to fit the sender yourself of 4f A6 as they are a nightmare

krishcanag
05-06-2009, 09:34 PM
yes you need the fuel tank sender and possible sw update for dash insert,don't try to fit the sender yourself of 4f A6 as they are a nightmare

So is the sender part of the fuel pump as audi said they will replace the fuel pump and the sender is within it

a8 tech
05-06-2009, 09:54 PM
sender can separate
part number 4F0 919 673 D AND SEALING RING 4F0 919 133 B

Peter D
06-06-2009, 08:36 AM
The tank, depending on what car you have has 2 or 3 sender units, ( quottro or Alroad). Only one of which is mounted with the pump. These can be measured individually at the tank if you get the car in state where it indicates zero fuel. You may wish to check the connectors first and then see if it repeats itself. Regards Peter