PDA

View Full Version : Q5 Navigation

derekhob
05-06-2009, 01:08 PM
Hello everyone. My first post. here goes..
I have a 2009 q5. the navigation doesn't allow the last two digits of the post code to be inserted. After the forth digit I am asked for a road name. In some cases I don't know the road name or more often the system doesn't list the road name causing me to use ye olde Garmin. Can anyone advise me on an upgrade to allow full post code input.

Audi only offer excuses but no remedy. So any :1zhelp: appreciated.

Thanks
Derek

onzarob
05-06-2009, 01:21 PM
Basically you don't have a full postcode DVD/CD for your NAV.

look here for info on discs http://www.vwsatnav.com/home.php?cat=253

Issac Hunt
06-06-2009, 08:54 AM
Changing the DVD wont give you the full post-code option. Its just not available.

German postcodes only use 5 digits so dont hold your breath for an update.

onemanparty
07-06-2009, 09:20 PM
Hello everyone. My first post. here goes..
I have a 2009 q5. the navigation doesn't allow the last two digits of the post code to be inserted. After the forth digit I am asked for a road name. In some cases I don't know the road name or more often the system doesn't list the road name causing me to use ye olde Garmin. Can anyone advise me on an upgrade to allow full post code input.

Audi only offer excuses but no remedy. So any :1zhelp: appreciated.

Thanks
Derek

No this is a problem as we the UK do not have the same Post Code system as the rest of Europe. Audi ? what dealer or UK there is no fix unless the SAT NAV maker and Audi get this sorted but do not hold your breath.

I think you have HHD MMI which does not have a DVD

pgrfowler
22-07-2009, 09:24 PM
I posted a similar query this time last year having hired an A4. I've now bought a Q5 but still have the same issue as you describe. If I'm going somewhere new I tend to take my old Navman with me as that has a seven figure post code feature.

I've also noticed that teh Q5 satnav is very reluctant to route me via sideroads, even when the "shortest" distance option is chosen. At least it makes a change from arguing with my better half over the map (mis) reading.