3 Vauxhall Corsa
4 Volkswagen Golf
5 Vauxhall Astra
6 Peugeot 207
7 Mini
8 Ford Mondeo
9 Nissan Qashqai
10 Vauxhall Insignia

* UK car sales dropped by 24.8 per cent in May compared to the same period last year.

Griff449
04-06-2009, 10:54 PM
Well at least three of my usual are showing :)

zoom
04-06-2009, 11:00 PM
...and probably goes some way towards explaining why the Mk6 has a pretty long build/delivery wait!

J400uk
05-06-2009, 11:28 AM
Havent seen the MINI in top 10 before, thats quite an achievment, and ditto with the Nissan Qashqui. I'm guessing its becasue more people are buying Britith built cars perhaps?

No sign of the BMW 3-series which used to always be in the top 10, and the Audi A3 isn't there either.

Surprised the Astra is doing so well cosniderng its a crap car and its about to get replaced.

As for the Golf, well I wouldnt expect any less haha

zoom
05-06-2009, 11:50 AM
Havent seen the MINI in top 10 before, thats quite an achievment, and ditto with the Nissan Qashqui. I'm guessing its becasue more people are buying Britith built cars perhaps?

No sign of the BMW 3-series which used to always be in the top 10, and the Audi A3 isn't there either.

Surprised the Astra is doing so well cosniderng its a crap car and its about to get replaced.

As for the Golf, well I wouldnt expect any less haha

I believe that MINI recently brought out a "not-so-expensive" version (can't remember what it's called) - which probably means that more drivers than normal can now afford one - hence the increase in sales.

The BMW 3-series & the Audi A3 are both expensive cars for the personal buyer - in times of a recession - also the drop in corporate sales of these 2 cars will no doubt have some effect on the sales table above.

Just a thought...

J400uk
05-06-2009, 12:36 PM
From what I heard, MINI brought out a 75bhp version, but later decided not to release it in the UK.

The 3-series and A3 usually work out cheaper to run in the long term compared to mainstream stuff because of the economical diesel models and strong residuals, hence they have in the past feutured in the top 10.