PDA

View Full Version : Midline and Highline Computers

pmnpmn
04-06-2009, 06:50 PM
Could someone please explain the difference between the two available in-car computers? The brochure doesn't seem to help.

Thank you! Paul:confused:

Hacienda
04-06-2009, 08:11 PM
Been wondering this myself, and was looking all over the net lastnight with no luck. Mine has a pic of the car showing the doors open etc, i can control the convenience settings, cruise control. Radio stations are displayed via the controls on the multi function steering wheel etc.

I'm wondering if this is Midline or Highline??

J400uk
04-06-2009, 08:15 PM
Basicly on the midline its a old fashioned 8-segment display, and it will simply give you the trip counter, time, mileage and a piece of basic info in the central part of the display e.g. MPG or temperature chosen by you. Looks like this:
http://i44.tinypic.com/6t0gmf.jpg

On the Highline display its a more modern digital screen, that will display much more information (such as what doors are open, radio info, sat nav info, phone info) and it will allow you to go into the convience menus to customize aspects of the car such as automatic locking etc. Looks like this:
http://i40.tinypic.com/oiy2w.jpg

The latter was about £50 as an extra last time I looked, and very much well worth it.

HTH

Been wondering this myself, and was looking all over the net lastnight with no luck. Mine has a pic of the car showing the doors open etc, i can control the convenience settings, cruise control. Radio stations are displayed via the controls on the multi function steering wheel etc.

I'm wondering if this is Midline or Highline??

You have Highline, Midline would not let you do any of the functions described.

Hacienda
04-06-2009, 08:29 PM
Thanks, i hoped it was Highline, but started reading a few things on the net and confused myself as to wether it was or not!

ralferoo
04-06-2009, 09:03 PM
The latter was about £50 as an extra last time I looked, and very much well worth it.
Also, if you have the multi-function steering wheel, you automatically get the highline computer (although this again was an area where my dealer seemed to know nothing).

paul.mgrath
04-06-2009, 09:25 PM
If a gt is ordered this comes with a multifunction steering wheel i believe (hope)so as such should have the highline?

Sorry for sounding numb

J400uk
04-06-2009, 09:37 PM
GT has a leather MFSW and Highline standard fit

S and SE have basic plastic wheels and no highline.

Hacienda
04-06-2009, 09:59 PM
I guess i was lucky, i bought 2nd hand (Ex VW fleet, 3K on clock) MK6 TDI SE but it had MFSW and Winter pack fitted.

So thankyou to whoever at VW specced those nice extras when it was bought!