PDA

View Full Version : New Golf Plus Mk6 - Now on sale

zf44
03-06-2009, 05:37 PM
Not impressed, the word minibus springs to mind.

http://www.supercar.co.uk/UsedCarImage.aspx?DefaultImage=allapprovedcars&Width=369&Height=242&UC=2&Id=600599398

http://www.supercar.co.uk/UsedCarImage.aspx?DefaultImage=allapprovedcars&Width=369&Height=242&Id=600599398&View=2

http://www.supercar.co.uk/UsedCarImage.aspx?DefaultImage=allapprovedcars&Width=369&Height=242&Id=600599398&View=3

J400uk
04-06-2009, 12:52 PM
Looks a bit weird. It looks confused as to whether its supposed to be a MPV, Hatch or SUV, as there are design elements from all three.

I'm susprirsed VW-UK are still selling them as the old shape Golf Plus proved unpopular and difficult to shift, and as a result is worth a lot less than the normal Golfs on the used market.

It could be worse though, look what they get in mainland europe:
http://i39.tinypic.com/1tk8kw.jpg

CharlesCourtney
15-06-2009, 12:11 PM
As someone who has two of the "old" Plus's - I am very happy with them - they give that little more space that you need with a young family.

Having said that it really looks more of a cosmetic change than the Golf V vs IV. - more of a Golf V.II than IV !

elliebumpkins
05-07-2009, 11:37 AM
I have a vw plus , got it a lot cheaper than a golf , eg same golf 1.9 tdi engine in it lots more space and also came with roof line DVD player.:beerchug:

maelor
23-08-2009, 02:43 PM
I have owned a Golf Plus Tdi 105 for the past three years and have been very pleased with its performance.

As a 65year old, I must say I appreciate the extra space and height of the car over the ordinary Golf ! I dont have to bend down to get in!

Service costs are a disgrace of course from the Main Dealers!

zf44
26-08-2009, 10:36 AM
Certainly nothing wrong with the Golf Plus after owning one (1.9 TDi Sport) for over three year and which has now found a new home. What I was disappointed with is the trade in values that are no where near the value of a Golf: most dealers I visited preferred not to touch it and persuaded me to sell it privately. I do like the design of Mk5 below,

http://www.supercar.co.uk/UsedCarImage.aspx?DefaultImage=allapprovedcars&Width=369&Height=242&UC=2&Id=600692929

but not the Mk6 and paying nearly £20,000 for the example below knowing that the trade in values will be poor won't make it a wise buy. I would rather spend my money on a low mileage used Mk5.

http://www.supercar.co.uk/UsedCarImage.aspx?DefaultImage=allapprovedcars&Width=369&Height=242&UC=2&Id=600589241

hethmar
09-09-2009, 06:17 PM
Well, my 59 reg Golf Plus SE TDI 1600 was delivered today and I think its beautiful :)

Lots more arm room and leg room, easy to get in and out of - brilliant

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z149/hethmar/HUGO2.jpg

augvw
10-09-2009, 11:16 PM
I have a Golf Plus 1.9 TDi and im very impressive with a performance and economy fuel.

I pute some pictures of them

http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/tt289/augvw/HPIM05482.jpg
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/tt289/augvw/Img057.jpg
RCD 510
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/tt289/augvw/HPIM05592.jpg

hethmar
10-09-2009, 11:28 PM
Beautiful, thanks for that ;)

No matter what some people have said, that bit extra space makes a big difference - so does sitting that bit higher. For those of us with back probs too, its a much easier car to access.

augvw
11-09-2009, 05:18 PM
Your very pretty and the color looks good:Blush:.

You can put more pictures of your Plus ...
How much do you spend in fuel in your plus?

Hug

hethmar
13-09-2009, 07:29 PM
Hi, well I only got him on Wednesday :) We have been away for the weekend and have covered about 600 miles - OH says that we got about 60 to a gallon.

I was amazed how quiet the diesel engine is. We are very pleased with the car. And, oh, it makes Golfs looks so much smaller and squashed :) Beautiful car.

augvw
13-09-2009, 11:25 PM
Hello,
Walked very in the new car ... eh eh:D.

Do not forget to put pictures of the car also in the interior.

The 1600 reference of this engine is quieter than the 2.0Tdi.

Sorry for my English im from Portugal.

Hug

alcot33uk
15-10-2009, 07:58 PM
Well I think I will be ordering one on Saturday, 2.0 TDi 140 PSI SE in metallic black. Brand new £13440 on the road......not too shabby!

hethmar
15-10-2009, 11:08 PM
Im sure you will love it :) I actually test drove that one and it was a bit too powerful for me :)

Thats an excellent price - are you getting it with scrappage/part exchange?

Bob_S
06-02-2011, 04:45 PM
I took delivery of a Golf Plus SE 1.6TDi Bluemotion 10 days ago. What swung it for me over a standard Golf is the extra room within the car. I'm 6'3" and I can sit behind the drivers seat when it is all the way back, something which is not possible for me in a standard Golf. Because of the extra height it is easier for my mum and mother in law to get in and out of the car. They are both in their 80's and their mobility is not too good. It's also easy to get my mums mobility scooter in the back of the car thanks to the load platform being level with the base of the tailgate.

interbear
25-02-2011, 01:20 PM
In a concerted effort to reduce my company car tax I just swapped out an A4 Avant 2.0 tdi for a year old Golf Plus Bluemotion SE 1.6 tdi. Other than the obvious tax saving, I am pleasantly surprised by the Golf Plus. The 1.6 diesel engine doesn't blow your socks off but has enough torque to pull away quickly. The ride quality is much more comfortable, so the overall driving experience is positive. Amazingly, the kids have far more room in the back than they did in the Audi.

First impressions after a week - very positive. It's practical, drives well, feels like a good quality car, and I get to be all sanctimonious about how eco-friendly it is. It also has more gadgetry than the Audi (cruise control, park assist etc). Of course I lose the bling factor of the Audi (Xenons, LEDs, sports styling) but I can live with that. A definite sign of ageing and turning into my dad!

augvw
25-02-2011, 05:17 PM
In a concerted effort to reduce my company car tax I just swapped out an A4 Avant 2.0 tdi for a year old Golf Plus Bluemotion SE 1.6 tdi. Other than the obvious tax saving, I am pleasantly surprised by the Golf Plus. The 1.6 diesel engine doesn't blow your socks off but has enough torque to pull away quickly. The ride quality is much more comfortable, so the overall driving experience is positive. Amazingly, the kids have far more room in the back than they did in the Audi.

First impressions after a week - very positive. It's practical, drives well, feels like a good quality car, and I get to be all sanctimonious about how eco-friendly it is. It also has more gadgetry than the Audi (cruise control, park assist etc). Of course I lose the bling factor of the Audi (Xenons, LEDs, sports styling) but I can live with that. A definite sign of ageing and turning into my dad!

Hello,

The golf plus seems to be superior segment, without a doubt a beautiful car, needs more publicity.
As for me is much better at golf normal.

Golf Plus Rulles:beerchug:

golf+5
27-02-2011, 12:23 PM
Bought a 55 plate 2 years ago 1.9tdi se and at first was'nt that keen.

But now with the extra room, height & rear seats go flat its OK,

Got it remapped & its a 109bhp up to 144. (Viezu + rolling road) now perfect!:approve:

hethmar
27-02-2011, 04:19 PM
Love my 59 plus too. Id forgotten how low and crushed it felt in a standard Golf til I went in one recently as a passenger. So glad we decided on the Plus. Only bug bear and its the same with a lot of VWs I believe, is how rubbish the lights are when you are reversing in the dark :mad:

thorne
22-02-2012, 07:21 PM
Eagerly awaiting my 2.0tdi SE DSG in Shadow Blue with 17" alloys ~ sometime in April!

No roof rails though, I think that's what makes the promo picture a bit odd.

CJJE
24-02-2012, 05:47 PM
I've had my new Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG for 2 months now, and am finding it delivers all that I'd hoped for!

I had a Golf GT TDI Mk IV for 8 years, but sold it when we found the boot couldn't cope with our holiday luggage any more (replacing it with a Skoda Octavia which had a dance floor for a boot!)

Now we needed to return to a smaller car so selected the Golf Plus as the perfect compromise -ample leg and head room in the back for passengers, or ample luggage space when we have lots of luggage and no passengers. The DAB radio option is working perfectly (not available in the Skoda Yeti which we had also considered), and the DSG gearbox is very responsive (its the first automatic car that I've owned, and the first I've driven for some 20 years).

I've driven just over 1200 miles to date, and my 2 brim-to-brim refuels have reported 45mpg and 50 mpg respectively - not at all bad for a brand new diesel engine.

I added the silver roof rails to my Georgia Blue Golf and think they set it off well (I often carry Thule bike carriers and roof bars on the top of my cars, and have found the roof bars tend to distort the door seals over time where they clamp in the top of the door opening).

Enjoy yours when it arrives! I ordered mine last July and was getting very impatient by the time it arrived in December!!

Chris

thorne
24-02-2012, 09:38 PM
Sold my MkIV 1.9 GT TDI to my daughter at a very reasonable price. It had 180k on the dial and was still giving 53mpg. Full service history ~ you know I'll be doing that with my new one. My present 55 plate G/Plus 2.0 GT TDI has 104k and currently running at 61.4mpg. The only reason I'm changing it is because I want DSG because my knees are a bit dicky.

Yes. I've spent quite a bit on servicing over the years - BUT, overall I have had very reliable motoring at a very reasonable price considering the mpg I've been getting. Last week the Daily Mail had an article that showed that the Golf (and, all it's variants) provided the least expensive motoring in their class, the BMW came top in their class also. The German manufacturers are winning this one hands down: Service your car regularly and we will deliver the reliability and economy we promise.

You get a pretty good looking car for your money as well which helps.

podwin
28-02-2012, 03:09 PM
Interesting thread, I would have thought the Plus would be worth more when selling on due to its extra space and rarity on the roads.

Its amazing the ordinary Golf would be worth more second hand considering how many there are.

thorne
11-03-2012, 11:52 AM
Interesting point - resale value is pretty poor compared to the Golf. Considering the Plus owners are possibly, how should I phrase it? - more mature!! What would you consider buying - a Golf that has probably been thrashed and driven hard for most of it's life or a Plus that has been well looked after and driven sedateley? OK, a lot of assumptions made there, but there is no way of telling how a car has been treated by looking it over on a forecourt. Even if it does look clean and tidy there's no way to tell a cars history. Still, I will not be looking to trade mine in for a long time. I've weighed up the pro's and con's and chosen the car that I want and all being well it should last me 12-15 years if well serviced and looked after.

thorne
30-03-2012, 08:47 PM
Update

Should be picking the car up on the 10th April. Might be sooner if dealers are open over Easter and the car has been prepared.

Shadow Blue (met), 2.0 SE TDI DSG. Cannot remember all the details but I think it should have: 17" Seattles, Luxury Pack, MDI, Multi-function Steering Wheel (with Gear Paddles) & DAB radio.

I guess I'll have to find a lay-by on the way home and spend a while trying to find out how to use everything.

Will be sad to see the old 2.0 GT TDI go. Apart from the rusty wheel arches she's been a very good car. Just got the mpg up to 62.7 overall over 4,000 miles. 106k on the clock - FSH.

Will try and post a few pictures of the new one soon.

thorne
07-04-2012, 05:44 PM
Called in to the dealership today. Have bought a RCD510 off eBay and wanted to check if the RCD310 that they said was in the new car was Bluetooth activated. "let's go and have a look" said the salesman. Walked round the back to see - my car fitted with roof rails! And, on closer inspection :- Winter pack and RCD510 (DAB & Bluetooth active). Apparently I will not have to pay any extra because the invoice was in the folder and was for the amount that the salesman had quoted me when I ordered the car. Absolute <removed> bonus. Anyone want to buy a RCD510 with DAB for £320 plus postage?

http://s1065.photobucket.com/albums/u382/thorne657

CJJE
08-04-2012, 10:39 AM
I'll be interested to know whether you can get the Bluetooth to work on your new car! My new Golf Plus claims to have "Bluetooth telephone preparation for HFP enabled phones", but there are no menus in the RCD510 DAB radio to set up a connection. And my Bluetooth phone doesn't detect any signal in the car either... but does it have to be one of a particular range of phones?? I wasn't too bothered about this whenh I picked up the car last December as I very rarely use a phone in the car, but the sales manager suggested that VW had just pre-wired the car for Buetooth without actually fitting the interface.

Enjoy the RCD510 DAB radio though! Mine gives rock solid DAB reception for me and is a great addition to the normal FM/AM radios fitted to lesser cars.

Chris

thorne
08-04-2012, 01:27 PM
It's possibly your phone then, couldn't you get a friend with a different phone to check it. I'm using a Nokia N8 and it was picked up within 10 secs when trying it on a RCD510 fitted to a Golf.

CJJE
10-04-2012, 06:17 PM
It's possibly your phone then, couldn't you get a friend with a different phone to check it. I'm using a Nokia N8 and it was picked up within 10 secs when trying it on a RCD510 fitted to a Golf.

It's quite likely to be down to the age of my phone - I only have it for emergency use, so it's a few years old now!

Chris

thorne
10-04-2012, 10:12 PM
Picked my car up today, was able to link my phone to the radio in about 20 seconds - without the salesman assistance. Could not believe how easy it was!

Racked up 140 miles already at 53mpg - a bit of running around town then 120 miles on the A1, cruise control set at 70. Very impressed with the DSG. Had a little dabble with the Paddles and Sport Mode on the quieter bits of the journey. Will have to update my profile and add some pictures. The speedo looks to be very accurate, my old GP was 2-3 mph out according to my calculations this one looks to be spot on. The RCD510 + DAB and MDI work beautifully, I stuck a 16GB memory stick on the usb and all the music and details show up on the screen. I need to spend a bit of time learning how to switch between albums - I'm sure it can be done from the steering wheel buttons.

Must RTFM as I used to tell my kids!!

Nope, still no luck. (14/04)