PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding the DSG box...

zoom
03-06-2009, 04:48 PM
So - am I understanding this correctly anyone?

If I order a new 1.4 TSi SE 7-speed DSG Golf for September delivery (which I will be) - I don't get the flappy paddles...er...unless I opt for the super-duper all-singing all-dancing leather multi-function steering wheel...at £500-odd quid extra?

Please tell me that isn't so someone!

ttlowton
03-06-2009, 07:15 PM
That's correct you don't get the flappy paddles...er...unless you opt for the super-duper all-singing all-dancing leather multi-function steering wheel...at £500-odd quid extra?

i've got a DSG SE without the paddles, don't think you would miss them, just put it in sport :Blush: and away you go, good luck,

T.

Robbie G
03-06-2009, 07:44 PM
The flappy paddles are a novelty that most will stop using after the initial thrill factor. However I love them and use them extensively on those country lanes. When I'm back in the traffic I let it return to automatic mode.

Although it's not really £500 as the leather MFSW is a must-have upgrade to the SE, and the paddles are only an extra £150 on top of that.

zoom
03-06-2009, 09:32 PM
Cheers for that guys. So - that's £500 quid for the steering wheel...and another £150 for the paddles. Not exactly cheap - so maybe I'll just get along nicely without them.

I currently have 'flappy paddles' on my C2 VTR and I must admit I don't use them all that much tbh - perhaps (as Robbie said) on country lanes now & again.

By any standards - I am learning VW 'optional extras' don't come cheap do they!

maisbitt
04-06-2009, 08:40 AM
The "option" on VW optionals is having the option of keeping 2 kidneys, or selling one to pay for those extras.