PDA

View Full Version : Colour Mk1 Golf GTI Wiring Diagram Needed Please!

xouser8334
03-06-2009, 03:10 PM
Hi,
I have almost fully restored my MK1 Golf GTI which I have personally owned for the last 10 Years.

Now....

In order to tidy up the wiring looms and ensure they are all correct (possibly i may repair it in some areas - as I used to be a Auto Leccy back in the day..)

Has anyone got a detailed wiring diagram for a NONE MFA equipped Mk1 Golf 1800 GTI 1983

I am especially concentrating on the loom behind the dash board and planning on re-building the Audio accessory loom, but with 4 speaker outputs, +ve batt, +ve Ign -ve, Sidelights. etc.

The audio loom is easy to me, the original exisiting "other std equipment" are a bit ....well......
they need working on.

I do have a Haynes manual, but the images are in B/W and the fonts are not too clear.
if someone has an electronic copy in colour, i can print this on anything upto A0 size and work from this.

your assistance is more than appreciated in this.

Regards,

Wayne.

xouser8334
12-06-2009, 10:48 PM
OK,
I know you guys would help if you could - so i have spent ages using the Haynes Manual and the b&w diagrams.

Thanks for trying though!

If anyone is interested i have the diagrams in electronic format. for 1981 and 1983 GTIs' - but in Black and White!

Crasher
12-06-2009, 11:52 PM
There is no such thing as a colour diagram for a Golf 1, that last one of those I know VW produced was on the last Bugs in the late 70's.