PDA

View Full Version : Passat Sport TDi 130 - remapping

randall977
02-04-2007, 10:18 PM
Sorry to hog this 'new' sub forum but I'm interested in getting my 2001 TDi 130 remapped. What should I look out for, who should do it and what's the cost? Also what kind of results should I go for - would power and economy be unrealistic?

norchip.co.uk
02-04-2007, 10:47 PM
Cost, around £300

Power, 180bhp is as much as you want to go for an everday car

MPG, should get better by around 4 to 6 mpg.

HTH

VanWheeler
03-04-2007, 08:57 AM
Hi Mate,

I'm not far from you, feel free to contact me for a remap.

About 45hp gain and 90 nm torque.

Thanks Mark

Sorry to hog this 'new' sub forum but I'm interested in getting my 2001 TDi 130 remapped. What should I look out for, who should do it and what's the cost? Also what kind of results should I go for - would power and economy be unrealistic?

edman
04-02-2008, 08:47 PM
I can heartily recommend Wheelbase Garage in Hersham, Surrey, who use Revo Tech.
They recently remapped my TDi 130 and the difference in performance is amazing. The power output is now a claimed 180bp and the torque is up to 280. It lays it on remarkably smoothly and gets rid of all the diesel sluggishness.
Ok, it cost £400 but they offer to put it back to factory settings if you are not entirely satisfied. Not an option you'll want to take up, I assure you!

RSTuning
04-02-2008, 10:41 PM

You'll be looking at between 175 and 180 after the map, bearing in mind some will often make more than stock. When i map these i dont map for more torque than 280/285lbft so the standard clutch wont suffer. Of course if requested we can map for more.

For a full remap on our dyno and using vag-com logs you are looking at £395, this includes a comprehensive fault check with logs. You can be sure that your car will be setup as good as possible with no compromise to reliability.

Paul

cheekyboy45
05-02-2008, 12:40 AM
When a car is remapped is there any side affects to the engine. What worries me is will it shorten the life of it or any of the componets within. After all you are completely changing the character of it.

Surely there must be some trade off for upping the preformance.

I own a 130bhp desiel triptronic/sport estate and only manage around 35mpg at the moment. I've been considering the above but want to keep the car for some years and worried a remap could result in an expensive bill after the car has done say another 50k or so.
:beerchug:

diddly
05-02-2008, 01:37 PM
Hi guys just had my tdi 130 remapped by angel tuning as i am in scotland and they come to you, the guy was great answering any questions i had and remapped it to 175-180bhp, There really is a huge difference in the car just feathering the throttle for normal driving but when you hoof it a gid kick in the back, worth the 300 they charge i would say.:beerchug:

RSTuning
05-02-2008, 02:43 PM
When a car is remapped is there any side affects to the engine. What worries me is will it shorten the life of it or any of the componets within. After all you are completely changing the character of it.

Surely there must be some trade off for upping the preformance.

I own a 130bhp desiel triptronic/sport estate and only manage around 35mpg at the moment. I've been considering the above but want to keep the car for some years and worried a remap could result in an expensive bill after the car has done say another 50k or so.
:beerchug:

Providing the upgrade is done correctly then the components are not going to fail any sooner than they would with the stock map. Of course it's all down to driving style and how torque is introduced but we have many high mileage cars running our software with no issues. Of course on the tiptronic you have to be fairly careful with torque but not an issue if done correctly.

Paul