PDA

View Full Version : central locking and new stereo

gmm
02-04-2007, 09:04 PM
heya folks seen a while back in here somewhere that fitting a new stereo and using the iso adaptor can affect the central locking because of a "k wire" ? in the adaptor? just noticed that my rear drivers side door wont lock/unlock coincidence? or just something else thats failing lol 98 1.8s 18.000 miles

thanks , george.

Froggy
04-04-2007, 02:21 PM
Yes, the K wire can cause problems with certain head units or adapters, but is not likely to be the cause of a single door not locking, that sounds more like a faulty lock.

gmm
04-04-2007, 02:51 PM
thanks froggy, i finally tracked down the post about the k wire it seems its for the remote locking that it affects, guess i got to take the door apart and have a look for something not working lol:confused:

adamss24
18-06-2008, 10:08 AM
Hi, with me passat the stereo doesn't remember any settings when the car is switched off, its like it has no live wire for the backup.

I don't know the technical terms yet as I am new to the car.

Thank you
You need to swap the live positive wire with the switched positive wire ! Lock not working is because dry solder joints inside the door actuator, you need to take that apart- buy a Haynes manual as you likely to break fixings if you never done that before. Are you shure your 98 passat has only 18 K miles ? They are soooooo easy to clock !?! you should check the service history close- if it has any- and do a HPI check ....or check the MOT website, there is a link here somwere.