PDA

View Full Version : sunroof wireing diagrams needed

ghee60
02-04-2007, 07:50 PM
anyone got wireing diagrams for an 80 sunroof in a 1994 car

Timk
05-04-2007, 01:38 PM
Hi, I have one available, but I cant upload it due to the 400x400 restriction on attachments. Let me know a contact email and I will email you, file is only 355kb.

You can easily isolate functional electrical faults from the mechanical function by removing the sunroof motor (3 torx screws) and using the sunroof switch.

The assembly includes cams which operate microswitches to change run the motor through the tilt and retract cycles, and some wiring relay logic which ensures "stop" at the closed position. Importantly, there are no actual sensors to sense the sunroof position, so it is not necessary that it actually moves.

I had a problem some years ago and it turned out to be purely mechanical, this will normally be the case.

This week I just removed and replaced the sunroof, through the rooftop, not an easy job. Had to replace a damaged cable. All problems I fear caused by incorrect lubrication (IE not sticking to silicon!).

Cheers,

Timk

PS: Attaching a PDF, maybe this will come through

ghee60
05-04-2007, 02:55 PM
email it to msn@webdevhq.co.uk

its definatly electrical, it had a total closure alarm that died and took everyhing with it, all the wireing has been chopped apart so im having to rewire it

cfabianc
17-03-2008, 05:47 PM
I have a problem electric whit the sunroof of my jetta gls 94, can someone help whit the diagram electric, my e-mail is fcoto@itcr.ac.cr thak's your help