PDA

View Full Version : Audi A4 S-Line front bumper retro-fit ## MOVED TO B6 SECTION ##

tails
02-04-2007, 07:02 PM
Hi, anyone know if the S-sline front bumper assy will go straight onto an 02 A4, as a direct replacement for the standard bumper. I tried audi today and they only recommend the direct replacement for any part whether it will fit or not....cheers audi!

If not, what mods are required to make it fit?

Thanks

Rob

madfella65
02-04-2007, 11:20 PM
Hi, anyone know if the S-sline front bumper assy will go straight onto an 02 A4, as a direct replacement for the standard bumper. I tried audi today and they only recommend the direct replacement for any part whether it will fit or not....cheers audi!

If not, what mods are required to make it fit?

Thanks

Rob

second time to post this exact link.... try the guys at audi accessories they will tell you for defo and really good to deal with!!

http://www.audi-accessories.co.uk/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=125

MCCLATCHIE
05-04-2007, 08:17 AM
Hi Rob

I managed to fit the Sline front to my 1.8t 51 plate. I damaged my front bumper forgot to use the hand brake :mad: I was looking at a kit and are handy at diy so I got a second hand bumper from the breakers and an sline bottom section from ebay. The only problem I had is that the Sline
complete bumper fits No prob`s, but on the standard A4 the top section is slightly differant so I had to screw and bond them together all looks OK.
My advise is try and get the whole front bumper, if you go to audi try and quote a number plate off an sline car I used my mates reg otherwise audi
have trouble with matching parts between models.
First remove the head lights, inside here are the bolts that hold the top outer bumper edges then inside the wheel arches are the bolts for the bottom section.
Then with the bottom grills removed if you look up were the side grill were there are to bolts that hold the bumper to the inner bars.these only need to be slackened off they are like an clamp. With all this done the bumper will just pull off.
My first time was a struggle OK when I FOUND THE FRONT BUMPER BOLTS I just had to get down and look up.
Happy motoring.

Paul McC

Desdesigner
05-04-2007, 08:43 AM
Hi Rob

I managed to fit the Sline front to my 1.8t 51 plate. I damaged my front bumper forgot to use the hand brake :mad: I was looking at a kit and are handy at diy so I got a second hand bumper from the breakers and an sline bottom section from ebay. The only problem I had is that the Sline
complete bumper fits No prob`s, but on the standard A4 the top section is slightly differant so I had to screw and bond them together all looks OK.
My advise is try and get the whole front bumper, if you go to audi try and quote a number plate off an sline car I used my mates reg otherwise audi
have trouble with matching parts between models.
First remove the head lights, inside here are the bolts that hold the top outer bumper edges then inside the wheel arches are the bolts for the bottom section.
Then with the bottom grills removed if you look up were the side grill were there are to bolts that hold the bumper to the inner bars.these only need to be slackened off they are like an clamp. With all this done the bumper will just pull off.
My first time was a struggle OK when I FOUND THE FRONT BUMPER BOLTS I just had to get down and look up.
Happy motoring.

Paul McC

Hi there Paul, you couldnt post some pickas up of your handy work could you mate?

Many thanks

MCCLATCHIE
05-04-2007, 08:57 AM
Hi there Paul, you couldnt post some pickas up of your handy work could you mate?

Many thanks

Any leads on how to add pic`s "Never done it"

madfella65
05-04-2007, 07:01 PM
If you upload the full pic to another website (try webshots.com) you can link them using the box with a mountain and the sun in it (if you hover over it says insert image) just copy and paste the link to the picture on other website and it will appear in your post!