PDA

View Full Version : Free re-map

motechmike
01-06-2009, 09:31 AM
OK you all know what we do and how we do it..

We are going to offer a free re-map to one of you lucky lot..

Were going to have a day with you guys down get some free stuff to hand out ect ect . The date is 13th of June.

Ok.. How it works .. I need at least 7 car's in on one day (sat) and all re-maps are £280 on the day.. At the end of the day we put all the names in a hat and who gets there name taken out win's there money back !! http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/images/smilies/shocked/jaw-dropping.gif

So what do we think ??

Whos in ???

Thanks Mike

paul.mgrath
01-06-2009, 01:52 PM
Mike,

I would have a go however have not got a car (like most of mk6 forum i fink!!!!) maybe later in year?? Quoted week 23 but probably week 32 ue to recent posts

motechmike
01-06-2009, 01:57 PM
Mike,

I would have a go however have not got a car (like most of mk6 forum i fink!!!!) maybe later in year?? Quoted week 23 but probably week 32 ue to recent posts

No prob..

We migth do the same offer later in the year too..

Done a few of the 110hp Mk6's.!

Mike

Griff449
01-06-2009, 06:37 PM
Dont get mine until 20th June...................

No handset with this remap either I take it?

Robbie G
01-06-2009, 07:15 PM
Someone's post commenting on the issue of the DSG gearbox not being able to take much more than 170bhp got deleted yet it was a perfectly valid point :confused:.

I understand the commercial / sponsorship implications of such a comment and have read the FAQ, but motechmike commenting that they've 'done loads don't worry about it' surely shouldn't deflect from the fact that people need to be aware that the DSG boxes are seriously limited in the amount of power that they can reasonably accommodate.

motechmike
01-06-2009, 08:36 PM
Dont get mine until 20th June...................

No handset with this remap either I take it?

Nope sorry...

Griff449
01-06-2009, 09:10 PM
Bummer.................. wont be having one then :(

motechmike
02-06-2009, 09:25 AM
Bummer.................. wont be having one then :(

Sorry dude.. But why would you ever want to swicth it off ?? ! :biglaugh:

Griff449
02-06-2009, 12:49 PM
Simple,

I would prefer to put the original map back on the car before it ever went into VW for any work doing regardless of whether or not the map cant or cant be seen. Also I want the convenience of putting it back to standard should I experience problems with the map etc.

And of course the obvious if the ecu did get flashed by VW regardless of my instructions not to touch software etc I want to be able to put the remap back on without a having to come a calling to you and b possibly incurring additional costs.

That is the benefits of having a Bluefin, Code Red or indeed the ST3 handset for example.

So its not really laughable to question why would I want to take it off but a question of practicality for me the customer :)

Of course thsi is my personal view and its what suits me best. Others may take a different view which is their right.

nwhiteley
02-06-2009, 12:56 PM
Simple,

I would prefer to put the original map back on the car before it ever went into VW for any work doing regardless of whether or not the map cant or cant be seen. Also I want the convenience of putting it back to standard should I experience problems with the map etc.

And of course the obvious if the ecu did get flashed by VW regardless of my instructions not to touch software etc I want to be able to put the remap back on without a having to come a calling to you and b possibly incurring additional costs.

That is the benefits of having a Bluefin, Code Red or indeed the ST3 handset for example.

So its not really laughable to question why would I want to take it off but a question of practicality for me the customer :)

Of course thsi is my personal view and its what suits me best. Others may take a different view which is their right.

Spot on post Griff

motechmike
02-06-2009, 03:00 PM
Simple,

very good and sorry we cant help you on the switch..

I know the bluefin is a self falhing too.. Not sure about the other's ???
I have been told many a story that on the tools that let you swicth from one map to the other is really a de tuned one of your stock file to make the performance file feel quick.. (Ihave only been told)
Also if the car is updated by VW they will flash over what ever is in there stock or performance. So if you go in do an update and you get the car back flash your old performance file back in.. They do updates if there needed I would not flash a performance file back in the car... !

So all I say is find out if your getting a tool to switch from map to map or a re-flash to that reads and writes to the car.. Thats the better one but also ask if you u have to pay again for a new file.. We dont charge for updates..

Or go to one of the Vw dealers the supply ha ha ..

Just wanting to help..

Mike

motechmike
04-06-2009, 09:46 AM
Ok how the day will go.. it will start at 9-9.30 and we start mapping. Each of you be show how it all works and what is going on.. Also you will get to go out in it for a bit of a drive and see what you think even before you hand the payment over. We then get the reg off you putt in in a hat..

At the end of the day when all car's are done we pull one out, they get all there money back !!!
Also cos were nice 2nd place will get some megs bits !!

Its at the unit NN8 1RT we need cash or cheque. Easy to give back then a card payment ha ha !!

All of you still get 100% warranty 14 days money back and you can pick if you want and ECO map or the performance.. !

Thanks Mike

motechmike
09-06-2009, 03:42 PM
If your in PLS PM ME.. I will put your name down..!

Thanks Mike