PDA

View Full Version : Volume difference

A1287210
01-06-2009, 08:36 AM
Has anyone else noticed that the default volume settings for the MEDIA input and the RADIO input are different.

I'm geting sick of constantly having to change the volume accordingly. I get a little impatient and often flick between the 2, especially having 6 cd's to choose from..

Has anyone else had this problem or knows if I can fix it.?

Jop
01-06-2009, 11:10 AM
Has anyone else noticed that the default volume settings for the MEDIA input and the RADIO input are different.

I'm geting sick of constantly having to change the volume accordingly. I get a little impatient and often flick between the 2, especially having 6 cd's to choose from..

Has anyone else had this problem or knows if I can fix it.?

Yes, I have noticed this. I have B&o and sound setting, focus, bass, treble... etc are different for each source.

I saw it more as a feature, but can see how it could also be annoying.

tlionhart
01-06-2009, 12:29 PM
isn't it to do with the frequency band and 'bit rate' of the track?

For example music on my ipod or usb stick doesn't sound as great as a CD brought from a music store. However a track from iTunes store sounds the same quality as the CD brought from the store.
They are recorded at different rates. You get the same effect by listening to the same music sources via the comp/laptop.
Don't think there is a fix to this. I believe music played over a frequency (radio) is compressed.

A1287210
01-06-2009, 01:47 PM
isn't it to do with the frequency band and 'bit rate' of the track?

For example music on my ipod or usb stick doesn't sound as great as a CD brought from a music store. However a track from iTunes store sounds the same quality as the CD brought from the store.
They are recorded at different rates. You get the same effect by listening to the same music sources via the comp/laptop.
Don't think there is a fix to this. I believe music played over a frequency (radio) is compressed.

I always thought that bit rates and compression rates related to the quality of the track not how loud it is played through the speaker. I thiought it would have something to do with the amount of current going to the speakers to determine how loud they go. ??