PDA

View Full Version : decent dash cleaner?

patomlin76
31-05-2009, 09:34 PM
anyone know of a good interior cleaner for the dash and centre console? A few weeks ago i bought a really cheap supermarket branded dash-shine. though it claims to buff up plastics and interior materials, all it ends up doing is 'staining' the tiny area it comes into contact with. not really impressed at all. i ended up cleaning the interior with a damp cloth (water) and it seemed to do a really good job.

however i'd like something that is also anti-static, to get rid of the particles on the displays/radio etc... i'm not after anything that claims to gloss or really darken plastics, just to clean them effectively.

anyone have any solutions or tips? i'm based in the UK but i can always find comparable products if you suggest one from another country.

thanks a lot!

Col
31-05-2009, 09:52 PM
I've used Armorall for years. Great stuff.

belfastmark
04-04-2010, 06:50 PM
Hi All !
I had terrible trouble with various interior cleaners when cleaning my mk4 golf.
The car has a black/grey interior.
I was using Autoglym interior cleaner, I found after time, it was leaving the upholstry with a white tinge.
My main problem was on the inside of the doors.
I bit the bullet yesterday and tried Autoglym Vinyl and Rubber care.
Got a microfibre cloth ( Dry), and squirted some onto the cloth and rubbed down one of the doors. As soon as the door was covered, I gave it a light buff with another ( Dry), microfibre cloth. What a difference !!!!
It got rid of watermarks, grey tinge, everything !
I am well happy with the result. It is the kind of thing that you use every 3 months or so.
As for seats and carpets, I am not sure about that one, though if I do find out, I shall post it.
Hope this helps.

Mark.

elitedetailer
05-04-2010, 10:55 PM
Hi

If you would like a really fresh non overpowering smelling cleaner which leaves a lovely matt factory finish, this is a very nice cleaner: http://www.elitedetailer.com/product_info.php?products_id=279

If you need something that is powerful: http://www.elitedetailer.com/product_info.php?products_id=97

Regards
Elite Detailer Team :beerchug:

JimC64
06-04-2010, 02:14 PM
I'm with belfastmark on this one ( although I'm 100% certain that elitedetailer knows best ) as I'm sure most detailers do.
BTW Elitedetailer, kudos to you, you're work is AWESOME!

I have used Autoglym vinyl and rubber care for my car and its the mutts nutts. I use it on the dash ALL interior vinlys and rubbers as well as the door rubbers, hard seat backs etc etc etc.
Absolutely brilliant stuff that I cannot recommend highly enough:approve:

Slick
07-04-2010, 07:51 AM
I use poorboys natural look dressing, it provides and excellent matt finish, smells great and a little goes a long way

winnie070383
25-04-2010, 10:27 PM
i have always used a wash leather to wipe the insides down and use maguires interier polish about every 2 months, never had a problem and always looks like new :D