PDA

View Full Version : Wife fancies one of these - any issues ?

Big Tall Paul
31-05-2009, 09:21 PM
Hi Guys. My missus really fancies one of these. Already tried the Q7 but found it too large, too firm and quite thirsty (for a diesel) so whats the Q5 REALLY like to own ?

Any issues or annoyances I should know about ?

Whats the best model (value for money wise) ?

Thanks in advance.

Paul

krupatel
01-06-2009, 09:15 PM
I too want the low down on this range. In particular any post delivery rectifications.

thanks in advance.

celerus
06-06-2009, 08:07 AM
Hi! Proud owner of a 2.0 TFSi SE, LHD, tons'o'options, has been driving for 3 weeks now.

Overall, I'm really happy with it, the advanced parking sys', and MMI with nav' are really impressive. I list the unexpected issues below (which are all minor, i.m.o)

Audi Sound System: There's a sub-whoofer taking up the space-saver wheel, erm, space, but it doesn't seem to do much?
Tyre pressure control/warning: I didn't order this option, but it seems to be installed anyway :approve:
Chrome-look tailpipes: I have tried to order these for retro-fit since delivery, but there might not be any made in the right size according to Audi (may be an issue for S-Line, which should have them)
Cruise control: Is a bit jumpy at the moment, it seems to hit the throttle or brake at every gust of wind.
Throttle response isn't so progressive at low speed (you either crawl, or shoot, out of junctions depending on how hard you press)
After 1000km I reckon fuel consumption is about 9.5 l/10km on country roads, 10.1 l/10km on the motorway.

pnuttall
15-06-2009, 11:27 AM
Had the Q5 SE 2.0 TDI manual mid April.
I am very happy with the Q5, diesel engine is very smooth and responsive also excellent fuel consumption, on journey from Manchester to Birmingham driving steady I get 50+mpg.
I have the MMI with sat nav, its good, but only 5 digit post code is a real disappointment.
Best value a accessory has got to be the Audi hill-hold assist for £45.00 it's brilliant.

No problems so far done 4000 miles, not found anything wrong with the car.

slime101
18-02-2010, 09:32 PM
Nice to know there arent any major problems, but then its got VAG platform and running gear which ultimately means it cant really go too far wrong in my experience.

I'm not convinced by the hill hold, surely you apply the handbrake with the switch - and it automatically releases when you drive off anyway so what advantage does this bring?

pnuttall
19-02-2010, 09:23 AM
The handbrake is a switch which automatically releses when you drive off, however the hill hold is a second switch once switched on applies the electronic handbrake if you stop, so stop on a hill handbrake automatically applies, stop at traffic lights etc handbrake applied. Get to you destination, stop brake goes on, switch off and standard handbrake automatically appied. The hill hold continues to function until you switch it off or switch off the engine.

Now done 14000 miles, no problems, still getting very good fuel economy.

Schuzzy
28-02-2012, 11:10 PM
I have an Q5 7 speed auto 2.0 tdi, but i only seem to get 34MPG on a long run. I see someone with a manual seems to get 50+ MPG. Looks like I will have to take it to Audi.

amack71
25-06-2012, 04:13 PM
I have an Q5 7 speed auto 2.0 tdi, but i only seem to get 34MPG on a long run. I see someone with a manual seems to get 50+ MPG. Looks like I will have to take it to Audi.

When I had a 170bhp manual I the computer showed 34mpg for the 12000 miles I had it. About 70% town and the rest motorway, and I drive it easily. I'd be pleased with your mpg my current a6 is a 170bhp multitronic and it does 33.6mpg!