PDA

View Full Version : Question Hi all im stuck!

littleleon
31-05-2009, 09:09 PM
Could someone please help me and let me know if my engine temp guage which is having problems working,i know they are slow to respond but mine either works or it doesnt,when it isnt working it causes ,at least i think it causes my car to go into limp mode when i put my foot down in 5th and get the revs over 3000 and keep it there a little while something gives i can feel it and my acceleratiion is gone i can creep the speed up but it wont go over 3000 revs.i pull over and restart the engine so i can have some power back but i have to drive like ive got my nan in the back. sometimes the temp gauge works and i have full power sometimes it works and i still have a problem. so are these two related is my question.
any help would be much appreciated before i take it to a garage and get charged for things i dont need. thanks.. i have a seat leon tdi 90 so i need all the power i can get!

kenney
31-05-2009, 09:34 PM
I think you have a faulty temperature sensor

littleleon
31-05-2009, 10:02 PM
i apologise if im being dense,but i will simplify my question.
would it be my faulty temp sensor throwing my car into limp mode or is it likely its something more costly.
thanks in advance

VAGMAN54
31-05-2009, 10:24 PM
temp sender is a probable and for what they cost its gota be worth a change .......not likes its an uncommon fault

Mike McKinstry
05-06-2009, 11:11 PM
Sounds like two problems to me ,first the temp sender and second VNT on turbo sticking.
Fit a new temp sender first,10 min job and £30 and see if your limp mode is still there.You will then know if the two were related.
If it is then search under limp mode for possible causes.

Regards,
Mike

littleleon
07-07-2009, 10:43 PM
Thanks for the advise guys,i had a new temp sender fitted by the folks in liverpool seat,unfortunately the problem still persists although hardly aas often as it did, so i put up with it until i took it in for its 90k service where i specifically told them that i was having limp mode problems still. so on top of my service cost they added an extra 2 hours labour where they said they had checked all my vacum pipes n75 valve ect, they had took things out given it all a good clean ( no new parts ) and thus charged me £302. I paid the money and drove away to work (south coast ) the problem has come back after a couple of days and i havent been able to get back to liverpool with the car because of work. and now its getting worse.Im at my wits end now and want this problem sorted.also not sure of my rights with garage regarding the fact that ive had car in twice for same problem both times they failed to fix although they said it was ok. sorry im ranting but i got a seat because i thought car and service would be better than my last which was a ford,so far im not convinced.

SLeonCupra218BH
01-01-2010, 04:05 PM
Replace your mass air flow sensor. (70-85gbp + fitting, 0.3hrs) The problem will PROBABLY go away as soon as you do that.