PDA

View Full Version : another build week question, my first post

questionmark
31-05-2009, 02:40 PM
hi all,
been a member for a few weeks now and after reading many threads about build dates i have become a bit confused.

i have ordered a mk6 golf 1.4 122 se on the 28th of April and i was originally told i would be picking it up by the end of july. after reading several threads about delays i decided to ring up my dealer and find out if a build date was confirmed and whether there were any delays. i was told that everything was to schedule and also that my build week was week 39. i asked what week/month it was and was told it was end of june. this is where my confusion sank in and hence this thread.

to my limited knowledge build week 39 is in september. so why have i been told its in june. also, to be honest, i dont really understand how the build week thing works. please can anyone help?

any advice on this matter would be very much appreciated as im going out of my head. lol
thanking everyone in advance.

p.s. great forum

WeegieBob
31-05-2009, 09:18 PM
As you've probably read in other threads dealing with this subject originally builds were taking on average 12 weeks, that is unless there was a car out there meeting a customers spec which was in the general stock population where the car could be supplied ex-stock.

Apparently the 12 week factory build date moved to "probably 18 weeks from now on" back in April when I picked my car up according to the salesman. So if you take your end of April order date, add 12 or 18 weeks you get either "end of July" or "mid September". I get the impression your salesman has "12 weeks" stuck in his head and hasn't joined up new revised build dates in conjunction with the months of the year! Quite honestly I think you'll be looking at mid September (week 39), which on the plus side gets you a "59" plate.

However this is only my view, perhaps a telephone call to VW UK using the contact information given in one of the other threads might give you a more definitive answer.

WeegieBob. ;)

Griff449
31-05-2009, 09:49 PM
You may find that some plants are taking breaks or reducing production to ride out the recession - depends on how many there shifting I suppose................ could be another reason?