PDA

View Full Version : 1998 a4 tdi no climate controll

skulz768
30-05-2009, 11:04 PM
im having problems with the climate control,it works sometimes and then doesnt,checked the fuses but there ok????any ideas on what it could be??

spartacus 68
31-05-2009, 08:31 AM
Can you be more descriptive please. Is it getting power all the time?

Could be a multitude of things. Could be broken drivebelt to the compressor, the compressor itself, etc.

skulz768
31-05-2009, 08:10 PM
hi sorry mate,its stopped blowing out air even when i turn up the fan speed theres no heat or cold air,but everything else is ok,it was working fine up untill last week,

HomerSimpson
31-05-2009, 08:26 PM
Hi,
Sounds like your air blower as Audi call them is cream crackered!! To the ordinary layman the fan, could be as simple as the bushes being worn. These are available on ebay quite cheaply although might be worth looking for a second hand one. The good news is they are relativly easy to replace. You need to remove the glovebox (5 bolts 10mm socket, 2 require a small extension to reach them.) Once the glove box is out of the way you will see the fan, however if you have an airbag for the front passanger there is a bracket that needs removing (Be careful with this, probably best to disconnect the battery first, but make sure you have the code for the radio before you do) The fan is held in by 3 phillips screws, remove them diconnect the wires and then gently manouvre the fan unit out. Replace ment is a reversal of this.
Hope that you find this of help.
P.S. I tried to change the bushes on mine, but they didn`t work, also you need a heavy duty soldering iron to remove the old ones and put the new ones in! I eventually got a second hand one on ebay.