PDA

View Full Version : My Neighbours Not Very Happy!

Bristle Hound
30-05-2009, 10:08 PM
My neighbour has just collected his new car today - a brand new white Ford RS Focus

I must admit it looks the dogs and the sounds well ... :aargh4:

When we got chatting, the conversation eventually got roumd to how much we paid for our respective cars ...

Apparently he got no discount whatsoever and ended up paying marginally more for the Focus than I paid for my A4!!! :D

The look on his face was a picture! :biglaugh:

Mind you it took me a month to get the deal I wanted, but I got there in the end with a lot of perseverance! :D

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Ii6kdI6KbZY/Sbq82Jks8-I/AAAAAAAAN88/aXWK--SZtmk/s1600/2009_Ford-Focus-RS-White_01.jpg

smellster
31-05-2009, 12:08 AM
At least he's got a trick differential to deal with the torque steer in his front wheel drive car!! :D

Ahhhh, according to your sig I see you have quattro now. Apologies. :Blush: :biglaugh:

kodkod.84
31-05-2009, 12:11 AM
To be fair you aren't gonna get a discount on a car like the Focus RS.
It's like asking Audi for a discount on the RS4 when it was in production, it's not gonna happen on their flagship cars- these cars are built in limited numbers and there are always people willing to pay top dollar sometimes more if there is a big waiting list.

Plife
31-05-2009, 08:00 AM
As above no discount when a car is in high demand, they just don't have to do it. It was the same with the Focus ST when it first came out. I haggled and haggled and managed to get the metallic paint for free....WOW!!!

If the choice were mine and I would take the RS every time. Yes I love my A4, but it's not very exciting to drive! How much are kids going for on ebay nowdays?

rantok
31-05-2009, 06:34 PM
IMO there is always a discount to be had - you just have to know where and how to get it. Put it this way, I have recently got 12% off a brand new S4. The car had only been launched in April..

On some things I agree, you won't get anything off a Nissan GTR for example, but for anything where there isn't a waiting list you can shop around and get a reasonable saving.

drmartin
01-06-2009, 07:53 AM
At least he's got a trick differential to deal with the torque steer in his front wheel drive car!! :D

Ahhhh, according to your sig I see you have quattro now. Apologies. :Blush: :biglaugh:

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::beerchug:

onemanparty
07-06-2009, 09:14 PM
To be fair you aren't gonna get a discount on a car like the Focus RS.
It's like asking Audi for a discount on the RS4 when it was in production, it's not gonna happen on their flagship cars- these cars are built in limited numbers and there are always people willing to pay top dollar sometimes more if there is a big waiting list.

No Discount on an Focus RS about 20 people at work have them and there are discounts I did look at one last year with about 10% off.

But unfortunately even on the RS models discounts are crazy. But the most important thing about buying a car (FACT) is that if you think its a good price with or without discount you are the winner!!!!