PDA

View Full Version : Newbie with 93 80tdi performance issues

Ryan80
02-04-2007, 12:23 PM
Hey there, i`ve used the search function to try and answer my queries, but didnt get too far! My 126k 1.9tdi audi 80 avant just had an engine replaced due to the previous one dying. The new engine is running fine, but its performance is hardly mind blowing. Now, i have read some topics on the site about upgrading the injectors to those of the 110bhp tdi engine, does that apply to my engine?
I was considering a remap, but might look into the injector upgrade as well. It already has a K&N panel filter. The current standard exhaust will need replaced before its mot next month, so im considering getting a powerflow system from the cat back. I think i remember reading somewhere that removing the at least one cat convertor can help improve torque/power, is this likely to be true? or is it worth replacing the whole system i.e turbo back?:D

sorry for such a long winded first post, but apart from the performance issues its a great car, and does everything i need it to do!!:beerchug:

HF1600ie
11-04-2007, 09:44 AM
Well, i believe that 110hp model injector are the same as yours.
I´ve traded mine for those and fitted fine.

Check all the vaccum tubes you have before thinking in a remap. Check your ECU for errors. If the cars is running perfectly for a while , then think in remapping later. ;)