PDA

View Full Version : How could I consider such a thing!

Griff449
30-05-2009, 09:41 AM
Well having owned a number of fast fords for a good few years most noteably my last Focus St (known as Blue Thunder - various videos on Utube) I decided to make the change and try something different hence why I looked around and decided on the Golf MK6 GT 140.

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc107/griffST3/IMG_1813.jpg

As you may or may not be aware the GT is ordered and is just having its bodykit fitted at the dealer and I will collect it on 20th June. Fitted with a shedload of extras I should be more than happy with it when I get it :) Also waiting to go straight on are a set of R32 new style alloys finished in gloss black with the originals off on their way to EBAY.

Anyway, droning on I have come to a bit of a quandry.

Its been so long waiting for the GT that my enthusiasm has gone off the boil at the moment but of course this may well dissapear come 20th June. A good friend of mine has just bought the Focus RS and temptation is starting to get the better of me so much that I am CONSIDERING selling the GT immediately and changing to the RS.

Now the point of this post is not to chastise me for this consideration but looking for some friendly advice in respect of pros and cons etc which may help put me in the right direction.................

Nightmare eh..................... :(

UltraViolet
30-05-2009, 10:54 AM
Lol - I know the feeling. My solution ....... I have 3 cars now and I use the one I fancy on the day.

Okay, being fair, one is really the commuter tool, but come the weekends I can decide if I want to be in a car that can carry other people too, or a fun fast car which handles like a go-kart and puts a huge grin on my face, especially with the roof off .... or in a very fast car that has an engine note that I never tire of.

james_tiger_woo
30-05-2009, 02:06 PM
I guess you'll have to see how you feel when you actually get it - If you don't want your GT once you've got it (with the body kit) give it to me as I bet it'll look cool :)

Griff449
30-05-2009, 06:22 PM
Greedy lol............... youve got one :) Yes seriously going to wait until I get it in three weeks and see how I feel then. If I am not happy with it and end up getting tempted back to the dark side then I will put it up for sale on Pistonheads or something.

Suppose I should give it a chance! Like I say been so long waiting but it could all change on the day I pick it up :)

james_tiger_woo
30-05-2009, 07:42 PM
My Golf's a company motor, but I'm sure I could find some cash to buy yours and replace the OH's Honda Jazz :)

Griff449
30-05-2009, 08:10 PM
My Golf's a company motor, but I'm sure I could find some cash to buy yours and replace the OH's Honda Jazz :)

Always open to offers on a delivery mileage GT with extras :)

Bugger that would mean me being sucked over into the dark side lol

ballisma
05-06-2009, 05:39 PM
Well having owned a number of fast fords for a good few years most noteably my last Focus St (known as Blue Thunder - various videos on Utube) I decided to make the change and try something different hence why I looked around and decided on the Golf MK6 GT 140.

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc107/griffST3/IMG_1813.jpg

As you may or may not be aware the GT is ordered and is just having its bodykit fitted at the dealer and I will collect it on 20th June. Fitted with a shedload of extras I should be more than happy with it when I get it :) Also waiting to go straight on are a set of R32 new style alloys finished in gloss black with the originals off on their way to EBAY.

Anyway, droning on I have come to a bit of a quandry.

Its been so long waiting for the GT that my enthusiasm has gone off the boil at the moment but of course this may well dissapear come 20th June. A good friend of mine has just bought the Focus RS and temptation is starting to get the better of me so much that I am CONSIDERING selling the GT immediately and changing to the RS.

Now the point of this post is not to chastise me for this consideration but looking for some friendly advice in respect of pros and cons etc which may help put me in the right direction.................

Nightmare eh..................... :(

Which bodykit did you go for? and where did u buy it?

Griff449
05-06-2009, 10:15 PM
Hi bud, I ordered the official VW bodykit for the MK 6. The dealership had to ship it in from Germany for me. Cant wait now only 12 more days :)

Bought a set of R32 new style 18" alloys to go on it and had them powder coated in gloss black but have decided to buy an old favourite BBS CK alloys so will have to sell um now :)

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc107/griffST3/IMG_7982.jpg

ballisma
05-06-2009, 10:55 PM
Hi bud, I ordered the official VW bodykit for the MK 6. The dealership had to ship it in from Germany for me. Cant wait now only 12 more days :)

Bought a set of R32 new style 18" alloys to go on it and had them powder coated in gloss black but have decided to buy an old favourite BBS CK alloys so will have to sell um now :)

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc107/griffST3/IMG_7982.jpg
Hey Griff,
How much did the kit cost u if you dont mind me asking?
Was it front skirt+side skirt+rear difusser+spoiler kit?
Was the dealer happy to fit and colour code?

Niiiice wheeels!!!!! got any pics with them on ur mk6?

Griff449
05-06-2009, 10:59 PM
I dont get the car until the 20th so they have not been fitted to it. But having had a set of BBS CK's before I have gone and ordered another set hence why I am now going to sell these awesome wheels........ They were going on this one but I am a bugger for shiny things!

The kit included front skirt, rear skirt and side skirts. Not cheap mate but yes dealer happy to supply fit and paint

ballisma
06-06-2009, 03:57 PM
Hey Griff,

Since you seem to be the only mkVI owner (to be) I know; who shares my passion of modding....
Are you going to lower your golf GT when it arrives?another 5mm maybe since its already 15mm lower than the standard mkVI?

Here are some pics of a mkVI with bodykit on 18"s, the car seems very high, too much space around the arches..

Im lead to believe this is a GT
let me know what you think

Griff449
06-06-2009, 04:01 PM
Yes I have seen these pics mate and I believe that it will be the same body kit that will be fitted to mine :) As I have mentioned earlier, I was going to put the Black Gloss R32 new style alloys on it but have decided to buy a set of BBS CK alloys in anthricite that I had on my ST.

So I have put these alloys on EBAY if anyone wants um from the forum then I will sell um cheaper :)

Deffo needs lowering and will be investing in a set of Eibach Pro springs which will cost approx £230 plus fitting..................

Come on you modders!

mk6_191
08-06-2009, 06:24 PM
R u sure it includes the rear skirt? just thought i would bring it to your attention that that was not available to me when i bought this kit and i was not told!

Griff449
08-06-2009, 06:36 PM
Absolutely correct mate, just realised lol