PDA

View Full Version : 58 Plate A4 Tow Ball

Sparhawk
30-05-2009, 07:14 AM
I have searched and searched but I cant find reference to my specific problem, apologies for my first post being a question.

I know I know, Newbies eh? take take take!:1zhelp:

I have been company carred with a 58 Plate A4 super duper turbo bstard deluxe (Love this vehicle) BUT I need to get a tow bar on it for varying purposes (bikes / Small trailer / kite buggy etc etc)

Last A4 I had was a 53 plate, and it cost me all of £150 to get one, this time round, aftermarket dealers are saying £300 plus! and they wont guarantee that my parking sensors / electrics will be right after they have finished! This surely cant be right? Surely someone has sussed out the electrics, the car has been out for over 12 months now!?

The dealer wants £1300 :aargh4:

Can anyone throw any light on my problem?

Thanks in advance!

Sparhawk
04-06-2009, 05:16 PM
oh :(
no one else tried to fit one then?

VAGMAN54
06-06-2009, 03:27 PM
can bus is your problem,you need to tell the ecu you have a towbar,adjust the settings on the parking sensor so it knows the trailer is on other wise you just get that beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep all the time your in reverse..hence the expense

Sparhawk
06-06-2009, 05:02 PM
Thanks for replying Vagman. I can disable the Park Senors via a button on the dash so in order to get over the beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ep problem (I wasnt swearing honest) I can just hit that? If thats the only problem. I m not bothered.

a8 tech
06-06-2009, 05:59 PM
Are you aware the cooling fans need to be upgraded to allow for tow bar,i have covered this subject already fo B8 A4.Please refer to your local Audi dealer for further information from the press release on Audi Desktop regarding precautions for retro fitting tow bar on A5 and B8 A4

VAGMAN54
07-06-2009, 12:25 PM
if your only towing a trailer and not a caravan why go to that expense ?

Sparhawk
07-06-2009, 03:02 PM
As of yesterday, I am a caravan owner

Impulse purchase sucks .

VAGMAN54
07-06-2009, 03:53 PM
goodbye to some more money then....your guna need your fans then like a8 says

swivelonit
18-06-2009, 04:03 PM
I have an A4 58 plate too, i also needed a towball and went for the westfalia recommended by Audi, it is detachable so nobody knows you have a wobble box! it comes with its own wiring that just clips into the loom and the ecu needs updating to make the fans come in sooner or for longer but the cooling fans stayed the same, also does the parking sensors and disables the cars fog light and uses the one on the caravan so as not to dazzle back off the front of the caravan. All fitted and working fine except the auxillary S12 part for charging caravan battery and fridge, Audi will not fit this wiring for what ever reason i had to out source to an independant tow bar fitter to do this for £75, Audi charged £550 for the bar and fitting.

You get what you pay for! even though it was expensive.