PDA

View Full Version : True 2002 S-Line External/Internal extras?

Desdesigner
02-04-2007, 11:22 AM
Hi there peeps,

I recently purchased a 2002 ('51) Audi A4 1.8T SE which came with the S-Line extras on it. It’s got the colour coded bumpers, lower side projecting strips, rear boot lip, s-line badges on the door bump strips, and on the rear as well as the aluminium trim inside (dash, gaiter surround, ash trays etc).

However, I’ve seen other s-line models (’01 - ’04) and they’ve got different front, side and rear bumper extensions. Have I got a faux S-Line?

P.S. It used to be a demo car for Audi, apparently.

Pickas of my car attached:

http://i6.ebayimg.com/02/i/000/8d/07/03fb_12.JPG

http://i1.ebayimg.com/05/i/000/8d/07/2803_12.JPG

Then, the ones I have seen:

http://www.europeancarweb.com/longtermers/0306_01z+2002_Audi_A4_30_Multitronic+Front_Driver_ Side_View.jpg

http://www.europeancarweb.com/longtermers/0306_02z+2002_Audi_A4_30_Multitronic+Rear_Side_Vie w.jpg

A bit confuzzled :confused:

Many thanks

sean red i
02-04-2007, 10:23 PM
is yours quattro you have the twin pipe exhaust, silver window surround is missing think standard. those other pictures look like the dtm kit. mate has 3.0 quattro dtm same as his. apart from that looks s/line upgraded to me

madfella65
02-04-2007, 11:12 PM
Hi there peeps,

I recently purchased a 2002 ('51) Audi A4 1.8T SE which came with the S-Line extras on it. It’s got the colour coded bumpers, lower side projecting strips, rear boot lip, s-line badges on the door bump strips, and on the rear as well as the aluminium trim inside (dash, gaiter surround, ash trays etc).

However, I’ve seen other s-line models (’01 - ’04) and they’ve got different front, side and rear bumper extensions. Have I got a faux S-Line?

Not sure if you could get an s-line in 2002, i thought it only came out in 04 / 05??:confused:

p.s. pics of blue one above are quattro (votex) kit (oem)

p.p.s see this link for details on s-line kit http://www.audi-accessories.co.uk/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=125

Desdesigner
03-04-2007, 09:09 AM
is yours quattro you have the twin pipe exhaust, silver window surround is missing think standard. those other pictures look like the dtm kit. mate has 3.0 quattro dtm same as his. apart from that looks s/line upgraded to me

Oh i see. Its not the quattro version and you are correct, it hasnt got the crome window surround.

Is it a possability that they fitted it to empress potential customers, this being an ex-demo car.

Here are some pickas of the interior (before i bought it hence the muck):

http://i20.ebayimg.com/06/i/000/8d/07/2ec7_12.JPG

http://i5.ebayimg.com/03/i/000/8d/07/33ed_12.JPG

Many Thanks.

AudiSport
03-04-2007, 11:43 PM
I'm not sure when the s-line started, but I'm sure the (S-line) lower bumper sections are more flaired than yours?

If you give your reg to an Audi partsman he will tell you the exact spec it left the factory.

J.

AudiSport
03-04-2007, 11:44 PM
See:

http://www.audi-accessories.co.uk/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=125

sean red i
04-04-2007, 11:18 AM
it looks like the sport suspension (lower) 18inch s.line alloys, it has brushed dash inlays (standard on quattro, and twin rear pipes). Looks like its had allot of bits, leather, suspension, alloys, exhaust. s.line quattro has 4 electric windows. ring a dealer with reg etc they will tell you all info. But anyway to the untrained eye its still a good looker.Or if you have service book the install codes are on front page 4ez etc. http://igorweb.org/equidec/Default.aspx go to this site and they tell you what was on the when ordered new.
cheers sean:

has it got s/line on inner door scuff plates and badges on outer rear door

Desdesigner
04-04-2007, 12:08 PM
it looks like the sport suspension (lower) 18inch s.line alloys, it has brushed dash inlays (standard on quattro, and twin rear pipes). Looks like its had allot of bits, leather, suspension, alloys, exhaust. s.line quattro has 4 electric windows. ring a dealer with reg etc they will tell you all info. But anyway to the untrained eye its still a good looker.Or if you have service book the install codes are on front page 4ez etc. http://igorweb.org/equidec/Default.aspx go to this site and they tell you what was on the when ordered new.
cheers sean:

has it got s/line on inner door scuff plates and badges on outer rear door

Cheers guys, nope, hasn't got the S-Line scuff pads but has the S-Line badges on the rear door guards as well as 19" alloys (aftermarket replicas believe).

Many Thanks.

sean red i
04-04-2007, 02:46 PM
des, did you look into codes to see what you had from factory ?

Desdesigner
04-04-2007, 02:51 PM
des, did you look into codes to see what you had from factory ?

Howdy there,

Didnt get time at lunch unfortunately, so I'll have a buchers when I get home tonight. Will update as soon as I get ye old codes.

Cheers.

RickT
04-04-2007, 04:15 PM
its a strange one this is......

The car you have is a SPORT model... (thats if it has electric lumber support)

HOWEVER.. it has a SE steering Wheel..

Its has the Leather pack installed, aftermarket alloys.

Its is a SPORT model because from the picture provided it has manual windows in the rear.. This was an option on the SPORT,(however most sport models have them) where the SE had them as standard and no door trim which came on the Sport.

It appears the car has got the SPORT kit (same as the S-line) kit fitted.

If you want to know what came on the car out of the factory, type all the 3 digit codes from ythe front of the service book into the below link and a report will be produced.

http://igorweb.org/equidec/Default.aspx

Post back the results and we will take it from there.

RicKT

Desdesigner
04-04-2007, 04:19 PM
Wow, does sound like I've got a wobly version here! Will do mate.

Many thanks!

Desdesigner
07-04-2007, 03:05 PM
Well, finally managed to get the codes decoded and heres what they say:

7A0 = without CD changer/CD player
4UE = airbag for driver and front seat passenger
6XC = outer rear view mirrors: powered
5SJ = outer left rear view mirror: convex
6TS = outer right rear view mirror: non-spherical, large viewing field
1KD = disc brakes, rear
J0L = battery 340 A (70 Ah)
1LB = disc brakes, front
1BA = standard suspension/shock absorption
3FA = without roof insert (standard roof)
5MA = decorative inserts
7X0 = without park distance control
F0A = no special purpose vehicle, standard equipment
8GL = alternator 120A
0G1 = gearshift lever
0YH = weight category rear axle weight range 8
0JG = weight category front axle weight range 7
T0L = components for, base engine, unit 06B.G
3ND = rear seat bench/backrest, unfolding
8JK = ellipsoidal headlight for driving on the left
U1B = instrument insert with mph speedometer, clock, tachometer and trip odometer
X2B = national sales program Great Britain
1N1 = power steering
1MR = leather steering wheel
8Q1 = headlight-range adjustment
9Q2 = multi-function indicator/on-board computer with check control
8Z5 = engine cooling system, type 1
MW8 = 4-cylinder gasoline engine 1.8 L/110 kW 20V turbo, base engine is T0L/T16/T6V/T63
7G0 = without humidity sensor
CA1 = forged alloy wheels 7J x 16
7K0 = without tire pressure warning light
4X3 = side airbag front with curtain airbag
2K1 = reinforced bumpers
6R2 = leather gearshift boot
3L3 = manual height adjustment for front seats
4KC = side and rear windows tinted
3Y0 = without roll-up sun screen
4K4 = radio remote controlled central locking operated from inside and separate trunk release
5D1 = carrier frequency 433.92 MHz
1SA = without additional engine guard
0GG = emissions concept EU 4
Q1A = standard front seats
4GP = windshield tinted with sun band and viewing window for vehicle identification number

Hmmmm, no mention of S-Line stuff?

-Desdesigner

RickT
07-04-2007, 07:57 PM
i will give you a update later on tonight... (busy at moment)

I can tell you some intresting bits..

RicKT

sean red i
07-04-2007, 09:28 PM
just looked at my codes. e4j is the code for s/line pack.1bv is the code for sports suspension.you could have standard suspension but bigger wheels lower profile tyres, giving the look of s/line.
sean

RickT
07-04-2007, 11:11 PM
As long as you have entered all the codes he's mu opion..

The car you have is a basic "S" model ie STANDARD... not a Sport or a SE.. (Also S-line was not around in that year)

What appears to have happened is that the dealer will have a budget for a Demo car.. so what they do is purchase the basic model from Audi and then add all the decent extra's to impress buyers.. They tend to add the addtional add ons which people would like to show off the car..

I can confirm its a S model as follows..

1BA = standard suspension/shock absorption

You have the SE steering wheel.. but no crome tirm.. no rear windows..

Which can only mean it could be a SPORT.. but as the have 1BA = standard suspension/shock absorption its the basic set up (same as SE)

U1B = instrument insert with mph speedometer, clock, tachometer and trip odometer

This has been added as an extra..

CA1 = forged alloy wheels 7J x 16

Standard alloys at that time.. same as whats on mine..

Q1A = standard front seats

Not the SE or SPORT seats. - Nor leather... It would appear the leather could not even be Audi leather.. an aftermarket..

OR>.. Was the car has arrived.. Audi then fitted the kit.. (however they dont normal do it)

ALSO.. the S-line kit... the branding S-line was not even on the cars on 2001 nor the kit.. I would say thats been added after... BUT.. The kit is not really a kit...

All you have is that the front trim has been painted and the rear plastic tirm pained.. Then the blades on the stills and the lip..

Cheers

RicKT

Desdesigner
08-04-2007, 02:12 PM
Now thats bloody interesting. So, ive got a faux car then. Bldy hell fire, I better change the insurance then as it states 1.8T SE.

Upon getting the codes, which were located in the spare wheel well, i found that the spare wheel was indeed the original 205/55/16 Audi alloy.

So, all the interior aluminium trim, the blades, the badges, the leather, the CD player, the steering wheel have been added at a later date (the alloys are aftermarket audi replicas 235/35/19)?
So i have a basic 1.8T 163 :(

RickT
08-04-2007, 04:29 PM
Sorry to upset you.... your is the 110KW which is 147BHP..

The 160BHP was a year later...

Also the sticker should say.. which model is is.. IE S, SPORT, OR SE..

Its easier looking at the service book..

In regards to the alloys.. post a better picture and i will see if i cant tell from the photo..

RicKT

RickT
09-04-2007, 11:31 PM
any thoughts.. Just thought i may have upset things...

RicKT

Desdesigner
10-04-2007, 09:25 AM
Ah bu**er, oh well, was short lived self induced grandure. Never minbd ay, still looks good I spose. :D

Cheers for all that peeps, have got to the bottom of it. Wish I'd done my homework before, may have been able to claw some money back off the seller!

Cheers anyway guys!

Desdesigner

RickT
10-04-2007, 04:45 PM
The fact is it looks nice.. and as long as the kit looks fine your on a winner!

ENJOY!!

RicKT