PDA

View Full Version : how many reverse lights on Jetta - one or two?

denox
29-05-2009, 08:17 PM
Hi guys

I've just recently become a happy owner of VW Jetta Sport 2.0 TSI. The car is just amazing!

Today I noticed that only one reverse light is working on the car. Knowing that many cars have only single reverse light, I wanted to ask if this is the case with VW Jetta too? Or has my second reverse light bulb just burned out?

kenney
29-05-2009, 08:50 PM
One

karro
09-06-2009, 07:14 PM
One reverse light, on the boot lid.

So, a question - how do you get parking sensors to operate if the current has to be taken from a bulb situated on the boot lid rather than on the body of the car?

Thanks

kenney
09-06-2009, 08:07 PM
It does not matter where the light is situated.

hvadgama
10-06-2009, 08:00 PM
Hi guys

I've just recently become a happy owner of VW Jetta Sport 2.0 TSI. The car is just amazing!

Today I noticed that only one reverse light is working on the car. Knowing that many cars have only single reverse light, I wanted to ask if this is the case with VW Jetta too? Or has my second reverse light bulb just burned out?
One reversing light and one fog light

MDA123
24-06-2009, 01:19 AM
One reverse light, on the boot lid.

So, a question - how do you get parking sensors to operate if the current has to be taken from a bulb situated on the boot lid rather than on the body of the car?

Thanks

The reverse light cable can be found in the boot: nearside underneath the trim - pull the carpeting downwards from the top and you'll find a connector for all the rear light cables etc. (check the cable colour by looking at the wire where the reverse bulb is located). I used a snaplock connector for the feed and another for earth.

01V5
29-06-2009, 09:42 AM
I think the American markets are the only Jettas that have 2 reverse lights. Depending on where you live will decide where the reverse light is (as the rear Fog light is always on the driver's side).

Down here in Australia, we have the reverse on the left and the Fog on the right, like you guys in the UK.