PDA

View Full Version : Ordered a GT - any grey ones about?

Robbie G
29-05-2009, 03:33 PM
Hi all

First post, woo! :biglaugh:

Anyway two weeks ago I ordered the following:

- 1.4 TSi 160 PS petrol, 5 door, DSG w/ standard black alcantara trim
- convenience pack
- DSG paddles
- steel grey metallic

and I can't wait to say the least :aargh4:. Was told 10-12 weeks by the dealer but reading around here, I'll be lucky to achieve that.

Just thought I'd say hi and ask if anybody else has / is getting a grey GT? I'd like to see your pics please if so!

When I test drove the car I was pleasantly surprised by the refinement of the 1.4 engine. On dual carriageways it felt more like a 2 litre n/a engine. Great stuff and I'm already impatient to start driving it.

cdgthreesalmons
29-05-2009, 04:56 PM
Welcome to the forum Robbie!

I have a 1.4 TSI 122 on order - ordered early this month but middle of August expected build date!

WeegieBob
29-05-2009, 06:47 PM
Welcome Robbie. :)

Can't help you though, my GT is red.

WeegieBob.

nebw
29-05-2009, 08:16 PM
Hi Robbie

Mine's black, but you should be able to find some hi-res pics of a grey one at www.allapprovedcars.com.

HTH

p.s.: example here:

http://www.allapprovedcars.com/Used-Volkswagen-Golf-2.0TD-GT-Sport-Hatchback-5dr-Car-Ruislip--crpId600514633-CarDetails.aspx

asm51
30-05-2009, 09:28 AM
I ordered the same on March 26th from Blade's Volkswagen in Gloucester via DriveTheDeal.

- convenience pack
- luxury pack
- luggage pack
- adaptive suspension
- RCD510
- DSG paddles
- steel grey metallic

Unfortunately I have not heard a word about the car from Blade's since I paid my deposit.

nebw
30-05-2009, 12:02 PM
Hi asm,

I'm only about 5 miles from Torquay. Not a bad time of year to be down here on the English Riviera, eh ?

Take care

NEBW

Farvs
30-05-2009, 04:14 PM
I recently became the owner of a 2.0 GT TDI 140 in grey so happy to post up some pics. for you.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f216/steven_farthing/MK6%20Golf%20GT%20TDI/IMG_4787.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f216/steven_farthing/MK6%20Golf%20GT%20TDI/IMG_4788.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f216/steven_farthing/MK6%20Golf%20GT%20TDI/IMG_4786.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f216/steven_farthing/MK6%20Golf%20GT%20TDI/IMG_4790.jpg

dmw76
30-05-2009, 05:44 PM
Ive got a steel grey 1.4 TSI SE , looks ace in the sun, one of the best colours imo:biglaugh:

Griff449
30-05-2009, 06:26 PM
Very nice GT there bud :) I have just bought the wife a new shape Fiesta Zetec in Sea Grey and it looks awesome in the flesh.............. well the colour anyway lol lol lol Wasnt sure about grey in the past but having seen the wifes car and the GT above it does look well :)

Just gotta keep it as clean! Enjoy :)

Robbie G
01-06-2009, 06:26 PM
Thanks a lot for posting those pics nebw and Farvs, much appreciated. It looks nice in grey but it doesn't seem to be a very popular colour. I was torn between it and the blue graphite but her indoors reckoned that we'd be less likely to get sick of a grey car and that it would be easier to sell! It does look very smart.

What with currently driving a Mk6 Ford Fiesta due to a five minute commute, I'm getting desperate now. I think wifey will be commandeering it more than myself however, playing the "but I work 20 minutes away" card, which I suppose is fair enough, but it'll still cause fights :D.

HHGTTG
01-06-2009, 07:19 PM
I ordered the same on March 26th from Blade's Volkswagen in Gloucester via DriveTheDeal.

- convenience pack
- luxury pack
- luggage pack
- adaptive suspension
- RCD510
- DSG paddles
- steel grey metallic

Unfortunately I have not heard a word about the car from Blade's since I paid my deposit.
I have not heard a word from my dealers, Beadles of Bromley, since ordering mine on Feb 26th. Well, that's not strictly true as I do hear from them ONLY when I first phone them to check on any progress with my order. However, I did phone them a week or so ago and they promised to get back to me - they never did!!
These dealers certainly don't know much, if anything, about customer care. I'm tending now to deal directly with Milton Keynes who seem to be equally vague about delivery times.

Robbie G
01-06-2009, 07:57 PM
I have not heard a word from my dealers, Beadles of Bromley, since ordering mine on Feb 26th. Well, that's not strictly true as I do hear from them ONLY when I first phone them to check on any progress with my order. However, I did phone them a week or so ago and they promised to get back to me - they never did!!
These dealers certainly don't know much, if anything, about customer care. I'm tending now to deal directly with Milton Keynes who seem to be equally vague about delivery times.

Is this (http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/p/262084/1717878.aspx#1717878) not you then? Same signature pic? Or does that guy just have your Mk V :D?

HHGTTG
01-06-2009, 09:06 PM
Is this (http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/p/262084/1717878.aspx#1717878) not you then? Same signature pic? Or does that guy just have your Mk V :D?
Yes that's me. My popularity is spreading.
I wonder if those in charge ever read these forums and our dissatisfaction at their products and poor service etc.

J400uk
01-06-2009, 11:01 PM
I wonder if those in charge ever read these forums and our dissatisfaction at their products and poor service etc.

I hope they do, as its a good source of information of what people really think of the cars rather than the usually bias press reviews.

I recognised you from uk-mkivs.net as well btw haha

WeegieBob
02-06-2009, 06:16 AM

I'm on the management team of a long established Amercian car web site and we know for a fact that the parent company visits us on a regular basis. So it appears they at least read what the customers are saying, and if you think about it it would make sense to see what the on-going views and opinions are from the end product users are.

WeegieBob.

HHGTTG
02-06-2009, 08:29 AM
I hope they do, as its a good source of information of what people really think of the cars rather than the usually bias press reviews.

I recognised you from uk-mkivs.net as well btw haha
I imagine a lot of us cross dress - sorry, I meant cross post!!!

HHGTTG
02-06-2009, 08:32 AM
I'm on the management team of a long established Amercian car web site and we know for a fact that the parent company visits us on a regular basis. So it appears they at least read what the customers are saying, and if you think about it it would make sense to see what the on-going views and opinions are from the end product users are.

WeegieBob.
Well, I wish VW would take note of the waiting times/lead times on some of the orders that have been placed since the beginning of this year and explain why we've got to wait so long for their products - I'm begiining to get very fidgety after thirteen weeks and with another eight weeks to go, although I don't really know if that is so.