PDA

View Full Version : Brake fluid warning light with ABS light

radar1022
02-04-2007, 09:29 AM
Hi, I have a 1999 1.8T. The DIS bleeps 3 times and the Brake fluid warning flashes with the ABS light on. Sometimes it re-sets itself and everything seems ok. This is now more and more frequent and taking longer to re-set. When it does re-set there is a quiet yet audible noise and a slight feeling under the brake pedal?? I have been led to believe this could be a failing ABS sensor?? If this is the case is it going to be mega expensive to repair? I have checked the brake fluid and it is topped up to the max.
I hope you can help as this A6 is staring at the second hand car lot in the face.:zx11:

Thanks
Steve

Col
02-04-2007, 10:38 AM
You need to get the car read for faults and output tests done to diagnose what is wrong with your abs system.

There is a vagcom sub-forum on here with locations of people who be able to help for a few beers.

The other alternative is to put it to a garage which, as you know could cost £££'s

You my also consider, bearing in mind that a wheel sensor should only cost between £40 and £80 so a cheap fix once you know which one is dud, purchasing vagcom yourself. It costs about £200 but on this fault alone you will probably recoup the cost and will have it evermore should anything go wrong.

Look here for info about purchasing the lead.

www.ilexa.co.uk (http://www.ilexa.co.uk)

radar1022
02-04-2007, 03:28 PM
Thanks BigCol for your help here. Hope to get this rectified soon.

Steve