PDA

View Full Version : Headlight Washers

malaroo978
29-05-2009, 11:48 AM
Hey everyone, can anyone tell me if you can turn off the headlight washers using VAG-COM? I dont have it so would need to get it done somewhere, but they annoy the hell out of me! Also, was looking to get the locks automatically locking above 15mph and automatically unlocking when the drivers handle is pulled! Dont know if this is possible, thought some one here might know :)

Thanks in anticipation! :) JC

kenney
29-05-2009, 06:40 PM
Remove the contact on the headlight washer pump.Regarding the other question,it would help to know the make and year of the vehicle

malaroo978
02-06-2009, 05:04 PM
I would remove the pump but i dont know how! Is there no way to turn it off in the computer settings? Also, its a Golf MKV 2008 GT Sport 1.4TSI 140. Thought Id give all the details in case it helps :)

kenney
02-06-2009, 07:10 PM
If you change the long coding of the central electronics control unit 09( Byte 01 Bit 1)that should disconnect the headlight washer.You can not remove the pump,this would leave a hole in the washer reservoir,The automatic locking can be changed by changing the long coding of the comfort control unit http://en.openobd.org/vw/golf_1k.htm#46