PDA

View Full Version : Please Help A4 indicator schizophrenia

captain beaky
29-05-2009, 12:53 AM
Hi all

I have an Audi a4 1.9tdi se 130 2002 Avant and i have an issue with the indicators

This only happens about maybe 30% of the time but has the potential to get me in a bit of bother.

When i fully indicate left everything is ok but when i indicate right sometimes it will flash once or twice left first and then start flashing right.

this happens on the exterior bulbs and the dashboard telltale light.

It does not happen if you do not indicate fully with the stalk and i can find no other pattern to its madness !

If anyone has any idea what might be the problem i would be grateful of some direction

thanks CB

cozican
29-05-2009, 06:41 PM
It sounds like a short on the wiring inside the indicator stalk, i maybe wrong but good luck it sounds like a bit of a nightmare.

captain beaky
03-06-2009, 12:16 AM
Thanks cozican.

After weeks of bafflement it seems to have just stopped, and one day before the MOT too :) I may do the lottery this week :D

cozican
03-06-2009, 10:46 AM
Thanks cozican.

After weeks of bafflement it seems to have just stopped, and one day before the MOT too :) I may do the lottery this week :D

Lol, go for it, you may be lucky.
Maybe its an audi thing? my central locking stopped working, then 2 weeks later it was ok again, also replaced an indicator bulb, it worked for an hour, then stopped then worked again, now not working....must be a bad connection