PDA

View Full Version : Passat Service Re-Setting

razorlad
14-01-2006, 07:41 AM
Hi,I have just purchased a VW Passat 1.9TDi SE 110.It has full VW service history apart from the last service where it was done at a non VW garage.I was just wondering how to re-set the service Inspec when the ignition is on or is it supposed to be on? Any help would be appreciated.:o

Gaz the Cab
14-01-2006, 11:53 AM
Hi,I have just purchased a VW Passat 1.9TDi SE 110.It has full VW service history apart from the last service where it was done at a non VW garage.I was just wondering how to re-set the service Inspec when the ignition is on or is it supposed to be on? Any help would be appreciated.:o

Try here:- http://www.odometer-correction.com/forum/ftopic128.html

malky
25-01-2006, 09:24 PM
you can reset it using haynes manual . switch off the ignition,press and hold the button next to the speedo.turn on ignition and release then the adjusting knob next to the rev counter clockwise turn off ignition. it wored for me

ICTIS
05-05-2006, 08:42 PM
you can reset it using haynes manual . switch off the ignition,press and hold the button next to the speedo.turn on ignition and release then the adjusting knob next to the rev counter clockwise turn off ignition. it wored for me

I tried that and it DIDN'T work...

But if you follow the link in Gaz's post, this instructions there DO work!!!

snapdragon
02-06-2006, 02:19 PM
Hello, also, is tehre a way to see time/distance left to service, which one was done last, and things like that?
Also, anyway to tell whether the car is still on longlife variable plans?

Thanks, only I've just bought a second hand Passat, and never trust garages based on years of experience!.