PDA

View Full Version : S4 Pics and Vids

rantok
28-05-2009, 04:26 PM
Hi all,

Excitement is building to the delivery of my S4 but still some way off yet. Not had a build date confirmed as yet but expecting delivery late July.

To keep me going I wondered if any of you had some links to any good pics or vids of the new S4. Seen pretty much all the 'promo' and official shots, I would really like to see some user shots and vids.

YouTube has a few but wondered if there any any other sites to visit?

Cheers

troc
28-05-2009, 05:04 PM
Dunno about sites as such but here's some from when I picked up the S4 I gave back 2 days later due to a scratched/damaged body.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=240241&id=678280463&l=f68d10fc16

73kingstonroad
28-05-2009, 05:11 PM
Did you read the review by REDROBIN....

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=70619

Martin

rantok
28-05-2009, 05:39 PM
thanks for the replies guys. I read this forum too much it seems, as I followed troc's earlier posts and shared his dissapointment, and I have read the review you have linked.

Not many B8 S4 owners out there I guess as most will have waited for MY2010 I guess, a bit like me!

Still, keep em coming!

:)

A1287210
28-05-2009, 08:50 PM
Looked awesome where is XB geographically on the reg or is that a personal plate. Definitely stands out... I understand about Q plates not X

A1287210
28-05-2009, 09:06 PM
Am I right in thinking that we now have a V6 in an S4? Rather than the old 4.2 V8 (B7) which some journalists said was one of the best engines in the world, what a shame, I've seen a few vids on youtube about the sound they make and the V6 is very tame (noise) compared to the V8. If you are paying £30-£40 K on a car, are you really bothered if you now get an improvement of 27% on the fuel economy.:confused:

The S4 was all about subtle presence, ....I liked the fact that you could overlook it, as it was functional and didn't have too many bulges in the bonnets or large spoilers. The only way you could really tell from a distance was the wing mirrors and the noise, and of course the speed that it disapeared into the horizon.

........Maybe I'm thicking about how the new RS4 should be....

I must admit this looking at S4's et al, does get the juices flowing, maybe one day I will be in a position to get one (probably second hand)

DAmo:biglaugh:

troc
28-05-2009, 10:05 PM
The X plates are for export - means the car hasn't paid any tax and has to be out of the country within a certain number of months or you get billed for the taxes :)

ScottyUK
28-05-2009, 10:22 PM
Some decent pics from all angles can be found here :http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=286456

Jop
29-05-2009, 08:49 AM
Some decent pics from all angles can be found here :http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=286456

Why does this *look* better than the Sline? as far as I can tell they are almost the same, only the S4 looks better..... shomehow.

I dont think much of the numberplate though.

rantok
29-05-2009, 10:20 AM
thanks Scotty! Exactly what I was looking for! Oh my god I need to put some fireworks under the guys in the factory....I want mine now! :D

Any more for any more?

mkc
29-05-2009, 10:43 AM
Why does this *look* better than the Sline? as far as I can tell they are almost the same, only the S4 looks better..... shomehow.

I dont think much of the numberplate though.

It looks better than a S Line in so many ways, in typical understatement from Audi.

Front grill is better, wheels look better, lip/spolier on the boot looks bigger, silver wing mirrors, just small features that make this S4 in what looks like Sepang blue look amazing. LED rear headlights, embossed S4 rear seats, "Supercharged" badge and those quad exhausts and V6 badges down the side.......... no need for humps and holes in the bonnet or wings like you get from BMW

Ive just decided that I need to cut back on weekly food shopping in order to save more to justify spending money on one of these in a few years. How long will I survive on Oreos and Lidl own brand Noodles.............?

troc
29-05-2009, 11:10 AM
Indeed, the weekend I drove the S4, I was the centre of attention on the roads - I have no idea how but all those little touches have added up to a car that just looks "right". I test-drove a standard S-line in the same deep sea blue metallic and nobody even glanced at it.

Having seen a few now, I am convinced that the silver mirrors need a dark colour (or silver) to work off - they look odd with white/red/yellow cars IMHO. I also think they would look strange without the chrome on the outside of the car (which is why I've avoided the black pack option on the reorder)

John