PDA

View Full Version : VW Sharan

mike
14-01-2006, 03:51 AM
I have had nothing but trouble with my Sharan. I am now coming up to the time when I can replace my vehicle and am once again being told that VW is by far the most reliable, my experience tells me that this is not so and I am thinking about the Galaxy or the Seat. This is a shame as I had always thought that VW was THE vehicle to own, the performance of my Sharan proved that this is not so and that VW is not as reliable as its name suggests.

graemerh
12-12-2007, 09:11 PM
if youre thinking about a diesel galaxy or seat then its just the same as your vw ! i think maybe you have just been unlucky, my sharan has over 300,000 miles on the clock and still runs well 6 or 7 up and with a trailer . all i ever do is change the oil and filters 4 times a year. its only just started to get a little rattly but still not smoking and always starts , hot or cold . Stick wiv em , i cab mine and know a few other guys that do and they all rate em real high.

cbrpaul
13-12-2007, 10:27 AM
, my sharan has over 300,000 miles on the clock and still runs well 6 or 7 up and with a trailer .

:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:arms::arms:

I thought i had high mileage on my 1999 tdi sharan, 90k miles

boomboomer
13-12-2007, 06:50 PM
I had a 1999 Alhambra for three years and did over 60k miles. During that time I had to replace the aircon system (completely), exhaust system, battery, steering joints and one rear coil spring.

The aircon was covered by the warranty, as SEAT offered a three year unlimited milage warranty at the time, but this has now been dropped.

The other faults were, I think, not unusual in a car that had done 130k - if not to be expected.

The Alhambra & old model Galaxy are produced in the same factory as the Sharan so you won't see any difference - making sure the car you buy has a fully upto date service history is more important but still no guarantee.

Looking on the bright side, at least you didn't buy a Renault Espace - those are real money pits!

Better the devil you know?

andy e
14-12-2007, 10:12 AM
:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:arms::arms:

I thought i had high mileage on my 1999 tdi sharan, 90k miles mines only got delivery mileage on it just under 67000 miles :D:D