PDA

View Full Version : Transmision Fluid.....?

Cks69
27-05-2009, 06:08 AM
Hey there peeps....

I have a questions.......

I have a 1992 100CS (NON QUATTRO) V6 2.8lt 5spd.

When I shift out of first gear, there is a rattling sound in the transmission, that immediately goes away as soon as I step on the clutch, ease on the accelerator and/or shift in to second gear. It has been going on for a while now and I am wondering if maybe the transmission fluid would be low and needs a fill up.

Also, I wonder if it even uses transmission fluid since its a 5 speed (I know there are some cars that use fluid in their manuel transmission)............Does this one use any??

And if it does use, couls anyone point me how to check the fluid level and what kind of fluid to use.

(In case it needs any)

Any input would be great as to what could be that weird noise if someone has more experience with this.

P.S. While I am at it, I will replace the fuel pump (In tank), and was wondering what other compatible fuel pumps can I use.....Thanks!!

:beerchug::beerchug::beerchug::beerchug::beerchug:

Cks69
30-09-2009, 06:55 AM
BUMP....

:beerchug::beerchug::beerchug::beerchug::beerchug:

oilman
01-10-2009, 02:14 PM
I dont know if the noise is caused by gearbox oil, but this is the oil you will need http://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-981-fuchs-titan-sintofluid-sae-75w-80-synthetic-manual-transmission-fluid.aspx

Cheers

Guy