PDA

View Full Version : Transponder Key on C4?

01alam
26-05-2009, 06:06 PM
Hi again,

Just a quick query to see if anyone know how to spot whether or not my car is a transponder key car?

Do all 100 C4 have transponder keys? My car didn't have remote control, just a key with LED< when I opne it, it has a resistor like compoenet in it, would that be the transponder? It is not connected to any battery though?

Does this mean I have to get a key with transponder?

Thanks
Angus

Peter D
27-05-2009, 08:59 AM
It does not need a battery. It is excited by a short transmission from the aerial around the key barrel. What year is the car. Regards Peter

01alam
28-05-2009, 11:53 PM
It does not need a battery. It is excited by a short transmission from the aerial around the key barrel. What year is the car. Regards Peter

Thanks Peter, it is 1996, in that case it makes sense, it has no battery linking to it. I saw some quite cheap ones with no transponder, which I think would be useless for my car then! Angus

Peter D
29-05-2009, 09:53 AM
I've checked the CCT diagrams and yes there is a passive immobiliser and a light on the dash pod if the immobiliser is not unset when the ignition is turned on. It works like the chip that animals can have inserted to ID them. No power required. Regards Peter

01alam
03-06-2009, 09:19 PM
I've checked the CCT diagrams and yes there is a passive immobiliser and a light on the dash pod if the immobiliser is not unset when the ignition is turned on. It works like the chip that animals can have inserted to ID them. No power required. Regards Peter

Ah, understood. Thanks for taking time to look at this Peter.

Angus