PDA

View Full Version : Throttle Body Alignment, Glasgow, happy to pay a fee

pologt
26-05-2009, 05:52 PM
Could anyone help me to do this on my 96 A4? I cleaned the throttle body a while ago to settle the idle but it runs poorly at low revs now.

I will pay a fee for your trouble.

Many thanks!

dovski
02-06-2009, 10:55 PM
Hy,
I have hex +can USB and vagcom, I was going to offer assistance but I dont have enough posts in the forums. I'm an aircraft engineer with bus experience of the electrical kind and havent had much call to ask for assistance with cars....that said, the VCDS is more often than not, a necessity these days. If I can help I will but I am a bit busy right now..located near Denny in stirlingshire.

rgds

Davy:o

pologt
03-06-2009, 12:15 AM
Hi Davy, thanks for your kind offer.

I think (fingers crossed!) I have managed to sort out the problem without VAGCOM.

A few posts I read mentioned a method of turning on the ignition with the bonnet and driver's door opened to do the throttle body alignment.

Some people say this method works, others disagree.

Well as I had nothing to lose I tried it and heard a buzzing from the throttle body. I'm not sure if it does this any time the ignition is turned on but I waited for a minute before turning the ignition off then starting the car.

Anyway, my car now seems to be driving more smoothly at low revs (this was the problem) and has been ok for a few days but I will keep an eye on things for a little longer before cracking open the champers!

So if it helps anyone, this method appears to have worked. My car is a 1.8 non-turbo and is NOT drive by wire.

Thanks again!

billy g
03-06-2009, 10:55 PM
Hi, think my 99 non turbo 1.8 a4 has got the problem you had, i live in bothwell, lanarkshire could i call you for some advice on this.
cheers billy
no-07756461300 or 01698 850380.

pologt
20-06-2009, 04:12 PM
Hi Billy, don't know if you got the PM I sent you about this but the bad news is that the 'repair' was only temporary, my bad running came back slowly over a week or 2...

Perhaps VAGCOM is needed after all:zx11: