PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of white cars?

scottishbud
26-05-2009, 10:05 AM
I would like to hear peoples comments on white cars! Are they easy to keep clean? Do you get fed up with the colour after a while? Does the A4 suit this colour?

mallymclane
26-05-2009, 11:40 AM
I think white cars look unfinished.....

Alan02
26-05-2009, 11:54 AM
Starting to get more poular again.Seen some nice Audis in white,an A5 Cab s-line worth near- on 40 grand in the showroom for one! I think it depends on the model/wheels etc......and of course personal prefference!

troc
26-05-2009, 12:15 PM
Never been fond of white cars myself but the colour works well on the A4. I think the creases and shadows help - sometimes white cars can look rather plain and dull IMHO

They are also a bugger to clean (well, the white roof on my mini is!)

John

onemanparty
26-05-2009, 12:30 PM
Its the in thing at the moment. I like white on some cars i.e. A3 and TT but sometimes the bigger they are are the worse they look i.e. a white A8 & Q7 I saw last week

But each to there own. If you pay for it and like it why not!

richardg158
26-05-2009, 06:05 PM
Personally I think the A4 looks good in white, my only concern would be resale values. White seems to be all the range at the moment, whether it will be 3-4 years time is the big question. Historically I believe white cars have been more difficult to sell which may lower residuals?

Bristle Hound
26-05-2009, 06:32 PM
I have an Ibis white A4 and I don't find I clen anymore than the brilliant red B7 A4 I had.

I always wash and clean my cars once a week. :D

Even when the cars dirty it doesn't look that dirty if you know what I mean. Yes, silvers and darker colours hide the dirt well, but for me there are too many silver, black & grey colours on the road. :p

To quote my neighbour - 'that looks bloody stunning in white!'

But, each to there own, what I like someone else might not. Its personal ... :D

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a212/BristleHound/audi-a4-03-06-08a.jpg

RichardCranium
26-05-2009, 09:03 PM
think they look good in white. Didnt see many when i got mine. A year on... theres' loads about. I dont get a choice when choosing cars as its comapny policy to ahve a white one. I'm now on my fifth. ant say i'm that bothered, but you do look at what looks good in white beofre choosing

73kingstonroad
26-05-2009, 09:10 PM
White is gaining ground on the other colours...

Look, even the popular Ferrari Red is changing..

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=118883

tlionhart
27-05-2009, 04:58 PM
i have a white car and i love it! As for keeping it clean...really depends on how often you drive it and where? If most the roads you drive on are 'clean'. As in no country side type roads or mud, then white is great.

Its not too tough to keep clean, providing you wash and wax it often its no different to owning say a red, blue. (which i have previously owned) Stone chips are tough to see on the paint work.

I think it suits the A3 and A4 well...not too sure about the A5. I think silver is best. Comparing it to black or red, its most certainly not as common. I think black looks smart, but its got to be the worst to dry off in my opinion. Leaves horrible water marks, which isn't too clear on the white.

In terms of white, it has to be the new 'ibis white'. It's got this wax coat look to it. In my opinion its the type of colour that looks better in the flesh then in photos. Besides; black, silver(s), red and now blue are too common on cars! White really stands out from the crowd. It's most certainly a looker!! I constantly get comments such as 'why white?! Isn't that hard to keep clean?!' those comments come from people who know nothing about cars. I.E my friends. Whereas car enthusiasts say 'wow, white really suits the car!'
It definatly stands out! But then so does the sprint blue non standard palette colours. EXCLD silver.

I suppose you can't keep it 100%, nor could you with the other colours. You can sometimes see orange spots known as industrial fallout. All cars get this, but it shows on white paint up close! ...seriously up close though. However this can be rectified with a clay bar and doesn't need to be done a lot.

In conclusion go for a white if you wash it weekly and love looking after your cars. And enjoying that sunny fortnightly afternoon waxing it. IF you don't and just wash it when you can be bothered then silver or black. As Michael Jackson said 'it doesn't matter if ur black or white'

Everything is in my opinion and so far i don't regret the choice. If I had to choose another colour i'll prob go for an exclusive colour.

mcintosh2011
27-05-2009, 08:50 PM
Fully agree with tlionhart,
I had a ibis white S3 which was sold on in Feburary to order my A4 avant.
White was the biz in the S3 and it looks the dogs Bo**ocks in the A4 saloon. Not as good in the Avant but only my opinion of course.
See attached pics

kodkod.84
27-05-2009, 11:19 PM
Agree white Avant doesn't look as good as it's saloon counterpart

If I had a B8 Avant it would have to be Meteor/Lava Grey or Monza Silver

RickT
27-05-2009, 11:27 PM
i think the cars in white do look nice.. however 3 years down the line, they wont look that good compared to the solid colours i bet..

Around 1991, there were this fad with white cars, like it is now... and 3 years later some of the white cars were around 1k cheaper on the second hand market compared to the other colours.

Rick

MalcQV
28-05-2009, 08:46 AM
The Challenge Stradale is actually wrapped, it is a red car. The GT3 however I think is white. They both look superb.

http://www.windowsguide.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=82449&stc=1&d=1243385103

Jop
28-05-2009, 09:17 AM
White car's loo good at the moment, but IMO they are just a fad.

troc
28-05-2009, 09:38 AM
I guess it's like everything - there's fashion and there's personal likes. Some people regard fashion above their personal favourites and others will get what they like even if it's a little "dated" or "daring". Then again, you could also try to guess what would be the fashionable colour when you come to sell.....

Just look at the huge explosion in silvery-grey cars from last year - in 2-3 years, the market will be flooded with them and if the fashion is for green then they won't sell well at all.

As long as you avoid going the route of choosing a personal colour because your car just HAS to be the same bile green metallic with pink accents as your favourite dead beetle, I guess any colour is acceptable. Well except beige. *shudder*

Bristle Hound
28-05-2009, 09:45 AM
i think the cars in white do look nice.. however 3 years down the line, they wont look that good compared to the solid colours i bet..

Around 1991, there were this fad with white cars, like it is now... and 3 years later some of the white cars were around 1k cheaper on the second hand market compared to the other colours.

Rick

Life's a risk ... :D