PDA

View Full Version : Roof lining

danmachin
25-05-2009, 06:06 PM
I've noticed some Sciroccos have a dark roof lining and some have a pale one, does anyone know whether it is possible to specify which one you want? It's not in the options list.

maisbitt
26-05-2009, 09:59 AM
Can't specify!

I thought all GT's had dark rooflining, until I got my GT TDI on Friday - got the light grey one.

There were 2 x 2.0TSIs in the dealership that both had dark headlining, but they both had leather too.

Some are saying that you get dark headlining with leather, others say that all 2.0TSIs have dark headlining - i'm not sure which is true.

Has anyone with a 2.0TSI and cloth seats got dark headlining?

danmachin
26-05-2009, 11:14 AM
So are there 3 roof linings, dark, grey and cream?!

maisbitt
26-05-2009, 12:00 PM
I think the people saying light grey, grey or cream are describing the same colour.

Theres a light colour (grey/cream) and a dark colour (dark grey/black).

Dont see why VW weren't consistent on this - either all the GTs should be the same or make it 2.0TSI only.

I have heard that someone in a GT TDI with leather and DSG has a dark headlining, so with the right combination it does not seem restricted to the 2.0TSI only.

Maybe it's a supply issue, and VW will only always put a dark headlining into a 2.0TSI, but will put it into others if it has the stock?

danmachin
26-05-2009, 01:14 PM
This is the response I got from VW - still not 100% clear though!!

Good Afternoon, thank you for your recent email.
The colour of the roof lining is dependant on the colour of the interior
that you have in the car.
GT has got the dark lining dependant on the interior that you choose.
The Normal Scirocco has the grey

Regards

maisbitt
26-05-2009, 01:45 PM
"GT has got the dark lining dependant on the interior that you choose"

That's as clear as mud - typical VW customer support.

The interior is the same in all GT's excluding the seat material.

My GT TDI has the merlin cloth but the lighter headliner - very dark grey seats would seem a logical match to the dark headlining, as would black leather.

If there is a formula, why can't they definitively say that all 2.0TSIs have dark headlining, or GT TDI's have dark headlining only if they have black leather etc.....

From the feedback I have had here and in another forum, it seems that from everyone who has responded:-

2.0TSI definitely are all dark headlining, regardless of whether they have cloth or leather - about 9 people have confirmed this.

There are 3 people with GT TDIs and only 1 of those has the dark headliner - that person also had black leather, the other 2 were cloth.

3 people with non-GT TDIs all had light headliner, and all 4 1.4TSIs had light headliner, none had black leather, 1 had truffle leather.

There is nothing in the Scirocco brochure that specifies headliner colour for any trim or colour combinations, so I suppose VW could start churning out 2.0TSIs with light headliner if they were getting supply issues with the darker one without contradicting anything in the brochure.

In the brochure pics, there is a picture of a rear seat with the truffle leather (can't see whether it is GT or not) and that has a light headliner. Same pic to show the black leather has a dark headliner.

The light headliner isn't a dealbreaker to me, but given the choice i'd have had the dark one. It doesn't seem something you can specify at build.

As you have more chance of rubbing your head on the headliner when you get into the car, with the Scirocco being a shorter car, dark headliner would be best all round

danmachin
26-05-2009, 10:55 PM
That's great, thanks for your help - don't know why they can't just give a definitive answer! Am just about ready to order a Tdi 140 - hope I've made the right decision!

maisbitt
27-05-2009, 03:12 PM
Danmachin: i'd expect to get the light grey roof lining with your choice of Scirocco, unless you're specifying black leather with it, if there is a formula to what you get.

alanstead
01-06-2009, 06:57 PM
Hi, I emailed VW UK the other day and this is the response I got regarding the grey or black headlining.

"Good morning Alan,

Thankyou for your enquiry.

Anything with black or truffle leather AND any 200PS, whether it's got cloth
or leather will get the black lining.
Everything else is grey.

Kind Regards"

I hope this helps, seems fairly simple. Disappointing you cant get black roof lining on the TDI's, seems stupid you cant spec what you want imo.