PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Oil light and buzzer.

wolfsburg84
25-05-2009, 03:21 PM
Firstly HI THERE!!! :arms:

I have a 92 jetta 1.8 carb

Its just gave me a problem this morning, when i start the car an leave it to idle there is no problems at all, as soon as i give it a gentle rev ,say 2500rpm the oil light comes on and the buzzer.

Ive been told so many different things im at my witts end, one guy told me if i rev it past 3000rpm and the buzzer goes away i need a new oil pump? but as soon as the buzzer comes on thats it, regardless of how its reved it just stays on, so the car is now put away until i can solve this problem, anyone know whats up with it?

Any help would be great!!! :beerchug:

Steve.

towcestervag
27-05-2009, 06:14 PM
get the oil pressure checked to be safe
it could be several things
oil press switches
oil pressure
faulty dashboard
and so on but do pressure check first should be in excess of 2 bar @2000rpm hot

euroslap
28-05-2009, 01:59 PM
I'd take the sump off and check the oil pump pick up (they clog up). It's a common problem that can/will cause serious engine damage if driven so don't!

wolfsburg84
28-05-2009, 03:21 PM
Thanks for that mate! ill get the pressure test done first :beerchug:

get the oil pressure checked to be safe
it could be several things
oil press switches
oil pressure
faulty dashboard
and so on but do pressure check first should be in excess of 2 bar @2000rpm hot

wolfsburg84
28-05-2009, 03:22 PM
Thanks for the heads up! :beerchug:

I'd take the sump off and check the oil pump pick up (they clog up). It's a common problem that can/will cause serious engine damage if driven so don't!

NeilMorey
13-02-2011, 08:53 PM
It's a long time ago now but a friend got a fright in his Audi 80 Sport when the buzzer sounded whilst he was driving.

I seem to recall that he found out that there were two oil pressure switches and whilst it was happy at idle the higher engine speed sensor was faulty. It was either a broken wire or faulty sensor but he had no problems after.