PDA

View Full Version : bypassing sensors

kaliamotors
24-05-2009, 01:59 PM
hi there wondering if there is a way to delete codes permanently stop them from coming back regardless of a faulty sensor or not??

bearthebruce
24-05-2009, 04:05 PM
No, not through any standard diagnostic coding or such. The modules report the faults and keep them there until they are resolved.

I assume that you are wanting to remove these for emissions tests?

Crasher
24-05-2009, 04:30 PM
I don’t like the sound of that, a trader trying to block out a sensor failure…

bearthebruce
24-05-2009, 04:35 PM
Crasher, I didn't like the sound of it either. I don't like it when people try to skirt the standards that have been put in place to make things better for all. I can think of only one reason to mask a sensor failure - to get around emissions requirements.

Crasher
24-05-2009, 04:40 PM
Possibly emissions but no mention of engine, how about an ABS sensor on a sales pitch car, humm…

onzarob
24-05-2009, 05:05 PM
hi there wondering if there is a way to delete codes permanently stop them from coming back regardless of a faulty sensor or not??

whats the point in that, it is faulty, but don't tell me......Stupidity :aargh4:

How about replacing the £20 sensor:confused:

saabsalltheway!
24-05-2009, 09:20 PM
i was asked a few months back to take the clocks out and smash the mil light told them i couldnt as it could damage the circuit board. they still sold the car saying nothing was wrong with it.
paul

Crasher
24-05-2009, 10:10 PM
The sort of people who give the trade a bad name. I regularly get asked to disable warning lights such as MIL, SRS and ABS plus often I am asked to change clock sets and alter the mileage, I tell them to get lost in no uncertain terms.

kaliamotors
25-05-2009, 10:11 AM
The sort of people who give the trade a bad name. I regularly get asked to disable warning lights such as MIL, SRS and ABS plus often I am asked to change clock sets and alter the mileage, I tell them to get lost in no uncertain terms.

the car is my personal vehicle it got a m.o.t till december 2009 fully serviced from vw recent service 1 month ago, i ve got a mercedes e320 cdi for sale though, this car is a 2.5 tdi passat. My question is simply to know whether lights can be permanantly disable because my cat has gone was debating whether to simply bypass it like other have done its cost effective and benefical to the economy of the vehicle. But will it throw up a warning light if it does how do you disable that was the question??? happyh

kaliamotors
25-05-2009, 10:18 AM
whats the point in that, it is faulty, but don't tell me......Stupidity :aargh4:

How about replacing the £20 sensor:confused:

Not telingl you telling some one with something constructive to say well don' t answer then if you think its a stupid question bro. its not a £20 sensor son its a catalystic converter £200. think before you assume.

kaliamotors
25-05-2009, 10:24 AM
No, not through any standard diagnostic coding or such. The modules report the faults and keep them there until they are resolved.

I assume that you are wanting to remove these for emissions tests?

No my cat has gone its my personal car not for sale wondering that if i bypass the cat will it throw up a light if so can it be disabled. i've read some forum about bypassing the cat its cost effective and adds mpg on the car and performance.

onzarob
25-05-2009, 12:06 PM
Not telingl you telling some one with something constructive to say well don' t answer then if you think its a stupid question bro. its not a £20 sensor son its a catalystic converter £200. think before you assume.

I didn't, you didn't give any info:confused:, as for your Diesel cat, you can knock the centre out with no dire effects and you wont get a mil light, as you don't have lambda sensors for diesel cars.

there is a thread on here where someone else has done the same and improved his performance.

Hope that help you.

Rob:D

onzarob
25-05-2009, 12:11 PM
heres the thread

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=68470

:D

kaliamotors
25-05-2009, 01:39 PM
heres the thread

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=68470

:D

cheers mate for the info might do it next week have no time today it a pain up the a**e to get to

Crasher
25-05-2009, 04:08 PM
A 2.5 TDI with a cat failure warning? What is the fault code? If you gave more info people would not get the wrong end of the stick…

kaliamotors
25-05-2009, 04:30 PM
A 2.5 TDI with a cat failure warning? What is the fault code? If you gave more info people would not get the wrong end of the stick…

no have no warning code. was debating taking the cat off because it needs replacing, and if did will it throw up a warning code and how to disable that code if that happened. should have been clear in my question :o

Crasher
25-05-2009, 04:33 PM
No it will not give a warning code, it does not have a functionally checking post cat lambda sensor, or a pre cat one for that matter.

kaliamotors
25-05-2009, 04:44 PM
sorry should have been clear in my questioning just was debating taking off my cat its damaged don't know how, a new one is 200 quid too much its a credit crunch so basically if did so will a warning light come on if it did how do you disable it if possible but its my personal car as long as the performance is not comprised it dosen't bother me but would be nice sorry for misunderstandings im not a fraud???:(

onzarob told me diesels don't have lambda sensors so no warning lights will come on cheers mate if so will probely go ahead with it and before m.o.t is due in december and better cash flow later will fit one in cus might be a problem with the emmissions testing cheers :beerchug:

kaliamotors
25-05-2009, 04:47 PM
No it will not give a warning code, it does not have a functionally checking post cat lambda sensor, or a pre cat one for that matter.

thanks m8:beerchug: will there be anything else that might be a problem a few thou miles later ??

saabsalltheway!
25-05-2009, 05:03 PM
Kaliamotors chill out no one is having a go at you
its just your user name suggests your a trader and you could be trying to alter the state of a car for the wrong reasons, i too was thinking that as there was little info in your first post.
everyone is on here to help but with this problem i dont think you can get round it, and if you did and was to sell the car later would you then fit a new cat
paul